• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

History of the Hylian Shield

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
What i noticed the other day about the Hylian Shield is that it only appears in 3 of the many zelda games: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and the soon to be Skyward Sword (not including MM, that was the Hero's Shield).

Whats funny about that is that Link has his adventures in Hyrule in most of the games but only has that particular shield in those three. Any thoughts?

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, I guess they could've included it in A Link to the Past, but technological limitations and stuff. I might be wrong, but I think the reason is that, these games refer to the Hylian Royal Family greatly. With the exception of Wind Waker, which didn't have the said shield. Maybe the reason for Wind Waker not having the Hylian Shield, is because it's a sign that the Old Hyrule is gone, and a New Hyrule is beginning.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Actually WW Hero's Shield still what looks to be the Hylian Crest on the bottom of it and if it's not the same 1 as in OoT then it looks to be some variation of the Old Hylain Crest used on the OoT Hylian Shield.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom