• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Hippo in Animal Village

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Who the heck is the hippo in Animal Village who is always sad? Why is she always sad!? I'm near the end of the game, just about to enter the Egg of the Wind Fish, and nothing important seems to be coming from this hippo. I'm just wondering who she is and why she is there.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Yeah, it's somewhat common knowledge among Zelda fans that there's a hippo that was posing to be painted by an artist, and you walk in on her when she's naked. In the Japanese version, the sprite actually shows her...boobs. Not in the US version.

I don't think she serves any other purpose.

Salem

SICK
NoRush, I have no idea why is that hippo sad, sorry can't help you there, although I like the fact that you made a thread to ask about a small random thing in a game, I appreciate that.:)

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
NoRush, I have no idea why is that hippo sad, sorry can't help you there, although I like the fact that you made a thread to ask about a small random thing in a game, I appreciate that.:)

Thank you :) Yes, such things are overlooked I feel, and these details are precisely the kind of thing that sometimes people overlook and DON'T lose sleep over. It makes the game much more involved to care about every detail. But that's cool to know the new info about the Japanese version! I'll have to go looking haha..

For those interested:

[video=youtube;icuCGX70O58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icuCGX70O58[/video]

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Thank you :) Yes, such things are overlooked I feel, and these details are precisely the kind of thing that sometimes people overlook and DON'T lose sleep over. It makes the game much more involved to care about every detail. But that's cool to know the new info about the Japanese version! I'll have to go looking haha..
Yeah, it isn't like it's timeline related or anything so it's cool. I liked this small details in Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom