• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Highlight

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
What is the highlight of a Zelda game for you? Is it the end, the beginning, the first dungeon? What is the highlight of a game for you and why?

Big Octo

=^)
Dungeons are collectively the highlight for me in a Zelda game. They contain everything others and I have come to love about the series: combat, puzzles, etc. Essentially, a good chunk of the gameplay can be demonstrates in the dungeons. Beyond this, they often have interesting themes, memorable music and bosses that are hard to forget. They also introduce the majority of items to the player, which has always stuck out to me. Whenever I play a Zelda title, I just can't wait to reach the next dungeon.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well there are so many components that make up a Zelda game, not just for the game but for me. They combine to make that experience, some better than others, but overall I really enjoy them so this is hard for me.

I'm not going to pick a large aspect; such as gameplay, music, story, adventure etc. but more so go for a more specific aspect. For me, i love dungeons, of course there are good and bad ones but overall, I enjoy them. In fact, I base my overall opinion on a Zelda game largely on the dungeon's featured. This is because each dungeon compresses multiple elements of the game into an intense piece of gameplay.

When I think about it, it is definitely dungeons, I always want to get to the next dungeon just so I can experience it and come up with an opinion on it etcetera. I also like the challenge, you know challenge can be hard to come by in the latter installments, so a lot of the time, you will get the best experiences within said dungeon.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
It's always the ending of the game for me. The boss, and the cutscenes that follow. Every time I finish a game, it gives me that accomplished feeling.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think the highlight is finishing that first dungeon, for me. :P Dungeons in general, like Octo said above, are pretty much the overall highlights of the games, but finishing that first dungeon...

yaaaa.gif

MW7

I'll go through a few of my highlights from some select games.

Legend of Zelda- The best part of this game for me is trying to get the Magic Key from Level 8 early on in the game and having to really get lucky to get out of there alive. I just like doing things that are clearly beyond my level of skill and occasionally being able to pull them off.

Adventure of Link- The whole game is hard, but the Great Palace is probably the most enjoyable part of the game for me just because I know I have to pull off some lucky manuevers to make it through. The first time I beat the game I felt like a master of running away from enemies that could rip me apart if I fought them to the finish.

A Link to the Past- Skull Woods, the Ice Palace, Misery Mire, and Ganon's Tower were all highlights of mine. This game without a doubt has my favorite collection of 2d dungeons, and I really appreciated the diversity of these areas.

Link's Awakening- This was the only Zelda game I played until I was 8 so I have many fond memories of it. The best memory was figuring out how to beat the Eagle's Tower for the first time. This stat is skewed by how young I was, but I honestly think I spent more time stuck on puzzles in Link's Awakening than in the rest of the games combined.

Ocarina of Time- I've done some pretty strange self-made challenges in this game, but my proudest moment was when I successfully navigated the Gerudo Fortress and obtained the Gerudo Membership Pass before obtaining the hookshot.

Majora's Mask- I really love replaying the Snowhead Temple after beating it already. With the fire arrows and hookshot you can do things in different orders and skip locked doors.

The Wind Waker- Although it's not perfect my highlight of this game is the Triforce Quest because it reminds me of the original Zelda. This is probably my highlight because I didn't care much for the game's dungeons.

The Minish Cap- I loved everything about the Temple of Droplets. Ice block puzzles are amongst my favorite things ever, and navigating the dungeon on a leaf was fun too.

Twilight Princess- I think I'd have to say that the Snowpeak Ruins are my favorite part of this game. As said before I love ice block puzzles, and to make things even better I love non-traditional dungeons as well. I found it amusing that the dungeon is basically a yeti sending you on a wild goose chase, and I liked the player gets to save the boss by defeating it.

Skyward Sword- It's not easy for me to decide between Sky Keep and the Sand Ship, but I have always slightly preferred the Sand Ship for some reason. I loved that both of the dungeons had global puzzles that impacted the whole dungeon at once. Both dungeons were somewhat nonlinear, but for some reason I actually enjoyed playing around with the order of the Sand Ship more than Sky Keep despite the later being specifically designed for nonlinearity.

So overall for me the highlight of a Zelda game tends to be a dungeon, and generally it's not early on in the game. This is probably because I appreciate some higher level of challenge.

Difinitely the temples for me. Especially if the game has a water temple. Those generally have been my favorite because of how challenging they tend to be.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The beginning tutorial. I just LOVE being taught how to play the game again. It's a really exciting experience, I get to read so much dialogue, and I get to see how I improved since the last time I took the tutorial.

...But no, seriously, the highlight's around the final dungeon and whatnot.

Salem

SICK
Being in a dungeon. I find the overworld not too thrilling a lot of the time, unless I'm doing a side quest.

The beginning tutorial. I just LOVE being taught how to play the game again. It's a really exciting experience, I get to read so much dialogue, and I get to see how I improved since the last time I took the tutorial.
I know right?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
When I am sucessfuly completing a sidequest that has nothing to do with the main adventure. You expect to get rewards for doing the main quest, but for being curious and just wandering off can lead to disappointment. But that moment when it doesn't and I'm sucessfully solving all the clues... it's the highlight of my Zelda experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom