• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Highest Height That You Have Jumped/Fallen From

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Yeah, so another fairly obvious thread question: what's the highest place you've jumped or fallen from? What was the situation surrounding it? Did you hurt yourself? Post away!

For me, I was running home through the woods after sneaking out to see my now ex-girlfriend and I was trying to get home before anyone saw I was gone but I took a wrong turn (easy to do in the woods) and sort of had to make my own path which led me to a tree that had fallen part way over, there was a lot of brush around it but I was able o climb on and walk up it till I got a point about 13-16 ft off the ground where I could jump and likely land semi safely. Well I jumped. And I landed. And I rolled to lessen the impact. And I was wearing shorts. And I rolled right into a patch of stinging nettle. xD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well I haven't really fell to the ground, but I went something like 100-200 feet into the air while I was bungee jumping at this medieval festival. And boy let me tell you, it was scary as **** but AMAZING fun. The rush you get is far better than any amusement park could ever provide.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well there's this trampoline place semi-near where I live, and there's a 5 foot drop from the edge of the trampolines to a foam pit, but I was able to use the trampolines at various angles to get higher so I fell maybe 15-20 feet onto foam.

Sprained my ankle, though.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Jumped off of a 40 foot pole to ground level with a harness around my crotch and a guy acting as my belay/counter weight below. Also jumped off of a 50 foot high log in a ropes course. Same deal as before. Was pretty fun.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've jumped off our rooftop several times. It's only two stories high, so the landing is sort of OK. It's a ton of fun in the winter, when there's a 5ft snowbank on the ground. In the summer, it can be fun as well. I've only done it in the summer once though. Didn't get hurt, but you definitely feel that sharp pain that rushes from your feet up your spine.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've jumped off our rooftop several times. It's only two stories high, so the landing is sort of OK. It's a ton of fun in the winter, when there's a 5ft snowbank on the ground. In the summer, it can be fun as well. I've only done it in the summer once though. Didn't get hurt, but you definitely feel that sharp pain that rushes from your feet up your spine.

Regarding jumping off roofs, I never feel pain in my back, only up to my legs. Is that bad?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've done some extreme activities, well not necessarily "extreme" but like an advanced obstacle course of sorts. However, I would count anything like that as a proper fall or drop.

The beach near where I live is great in the summer and has numerous sand dunes, some of which are incredibly high. Sometimes we end up drinking a bit and stupidly jump off the top, not sure the length but even hitting the soft sand sprained my ankle and it was bruised for a number of weeks, so it must have been high :/

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hmm. Probably the biggest would be the huge diving board at the swimming baths in Tynemouth. It's huuuge, like, one of those Olympic-sized ones, into the pool. Naturally I jumped in using a rare and special technique for diving into water which I developed myself and is something no Olympian can ever hope to match; the running bomb. And, wow, I don't like heights and I've no intention of jumping off anything higher than that.

I used to leap from the porch all of the time when I was a just a pup. Never really hurt myself, though. The porch had to have been at least five feet off the ground, seeing as most of the houses in my dad's old town inexplicably sat atop of bricks. Can't seem to think of anything else right now...

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I jumped off my roof, which is only about ten feet from the ground. I only jumped because my sis, bro and I were doing stupid tricks and thought jumping off a roof was cool. :P That was done on purpose, and because I know how to land well when I'm paying attention I didn't get hurt (too much).

And I've fallen from about that same height too. Perhaps a little higher. It was out of a tree in my front yard, I lost the grip on one of the branches (climbing trees after wet weather, very smart) and I fell. It actually wasn't as bad as you think, especially from the height I was at. I should have broken a bone or something, but the branches below me broke my short falls until I came to the ground. I survived with only a long cut on my back and a few other scratches.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh, I almost forgot about this!!

Last year, I was up skiing with a group of friends. We were kind of just bombing around in the trees. There was a cliff that we did not see, and we were all going too fast to stop (not to mention how narrow it was). We went off the cliff in single file. It was scary, since it was unexpected, but it was my first official cliff jump. It had to have been at least a 15ft drop, but none of us wiped out at the bottom, we just kept going. I haven't done any cliff jumps since then, but it sure was fun, so I might try again this winter.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Well despite my fear of heights, I've been zip-lining. I literally ran and jumped off a platform that was around 90ft above the ground. I travelled pretty fast, it was fun. ^^ I jumped, though I technically didn't fall, so I don't know if that counts.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I barely remember falling off a 20 - 30 ft slide when I was really young. I don't remember much but I think I fell off the back of it and I hit the ground pretty hard. I wasn't seriously injured though. I was just went unconscious for a little bit and had a couple bruises. I honestly think I hit my head the hardest for some reason though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom