• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Just got home.

Charged Pen Pen. Was hoping to distribute abilities as thinly as possible because 10-11 players with 1 charge is better than 5 players with 2ish charges for town, so I picked a player who I felt was likely to pick a useful ability who wouldn't get too many charges (assumed funnier, minish, moe, exlight, and myself in particular might get a good number of passive charges from being talkative in games, so I wanted to avoid those choices).

I'm unsure if scum players got one charge or two charges each. If they got 2 charges each (or all got a free charge), it'll be hard to peg them because they could target a town player for cover and a scummate to ensure they get extra power, which would mean relying on this strategy too heavily is dangerous and us all claiming was a mostly bad thing for town. This is only one possibility, but I think it's one that's dangerous to overlook, especially since Johnny was unwilling to confirm to the contrary when I PMed him about it.

In a 1-charge scum universe, if there's at least one mechanically savvy player on the team, it's decently likely that scum would have had at least one member target outside their group because of this exact situation. I think Moe, myself, and ExLight seem decently capable of this kind of line of thought, at the very least, although any of us could certainly get greedy and try to gather 3 charges or miss this because of a rules misunderstanding.

Similarly, it's possible that a scum player lied about not targeting anyone (funnier, ezlo) to isolate themselves from making connections to other players in this way. There's very little reason for a town player not to target someone considering that it's like a 5/7ish chance of hitting town and if no townies to do, town is likely vanilla. These two players are probably my highest priority lynches.

If we assume scum only targeted scum and had 1 charge each, things get much easier, and I don't think this is a bad area to explore, but I get the feeling we're not going to find groupings of more than 2 scum unless the players didn't really think things through, which is certainly possible but not something I'd be comfortable betting the game on.

All of this is invalidated if scum is 2-charge, but I think it's a line of thought worth exploring.
How’s the scum rand Rubik?

Unvote

Vote: Ezlo

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Unvote
Vote: Ezlo

Not targeting anyone seems like a lie and being the second person to claim to do it seems like you heard funnier say he did it and decided to claim to have done the same because your scummates said it was a good idea for a rookie to distance your charges.

This is assuming a 1-charge scum world. 2-charge scum might not do this unless they doubled up their charges.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It's odd to me that any of the people who could clear up the Ezlo issue (whether or not those who didn't get charged are just vanilla) didn't do so. Because it's quite easily verifiable now. None of them are voting him, so it seems they don't have reason to suspect him. So I still kinda think he misunderstood the question.

funnier6

Courage~
It's odd to me that any of the people who could clear up the Ezlo issue (whether or not those who didn't get charged are just vanilla) didn't do so. Because it's quite easily verifiable now. None of them are voting him, so it seems they don't have reason to suspect him. So I still kinda think he misunderstood the question.
I still kind of think he misunderstood the question but something about the way he answered it pings me and the way he’s been acting has been a tad bit confident for noob town. My biggest problem is that like all my scum reads want him dead so I’m a teeny bit worried about that

Pen

The game is on!
I'm unsure if scum players got one charge or two charges each. If they got 2 charges each (or all got a free charge), it'll be hard to peg them because they could target a town player for cover and a scummate to ensure they get extra power, which would mean relying on this strategy too heavily is dangerous and us all claiming was a mostly bad thing for town. This is only one possibility, but I think it's one that's dangerous to overlook, especially since Johnny was unwilling to confirm to the contrary when I PMed him about it.

First of all, thanks for the boost! Secondly, I don't really see reason so believe the Mafia would have gotten to hand out two boosts each. Seems a bit random if you ask me. Was there something in particular that gave you that idea?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I still kind of think he misunderstood the question but something about the way he answered it pings me and the way he’s been acting has been a tad bit confident for noob town. My biggest problem is that like all my scum reads want him dead so I’m a teeny bit worried about that

I dunno, I feel like his answer would've been better if he were scum still. And the push on him did feel scummy to me.

Also I was thinking eod was 30 min later than it was. Oops.

funnier6

Courage~
Note: I should’ve looked at Pendios last town game before going for the automatic activity read. I didn’t remember cause it was my own game but he was very active and town simultaneously which I didn’t think ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom