• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
"this" what? :glare:
The whole point of those questions were to show that it just becomes a WIFOM whether a loose end dies, what conclusions would you take depending on a Rubik's flip?

I meant that in the hypothetical scenario where Rubik dies and is revealed to be scum it wouldn't be wrong of you to suspect and even lynch me or Giri. But should Rubik flip town then maybe Giri and I wouldn't look so bad in the general public's eye. Although, as i Also went on to explain, these things could mean absolutely nothing due to the possibility of Mafia having anticipated this and boosted a Townie. And of course there's also possibilities of Townies having boosted scum unknowingly. So yes, it rather is WIFOM as you say. I agree with that.

Pen

The game is on!
If Rubik's claims to have boosted either Ezlo or whoever dies during the night I'm going after him so hard.

I don't think I follow. How do you mean?

Given that nobody else even thought to bring up boosting before I did odds are slim that wolves thought of this when choosing who to boost

I still don't want to rule the possibility out though. For all I know you're scum who had this exact plan. Or other players being Mafia could have just been waiting for someone else to bring it up to make it seem like they hadn't thought of it. Just saying. There's several possibilities that I don't want to rule out.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
All Might: 2 (funnier6, Pika_pika42)
Ezlo: 2 (Doc, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
ExLight: 2 (Ezlo, Moe the Moblin)
DekuNut: 1 (Rubik)
Moe the Moblin: 1 (giri)
Pika_pika42: 1 (Morbid Minish)

56 Minutes left in the day. Make your posts and votes count ;)

funnier6

Courage~
super sus
I feel like you'd motivate Minish even if you interpreted it like that
Y'all are idiots. The correct decision there as scum is to boost Minish, theres no choice. I chose not to because gamblers fallacy that I was sure whoever I picked was going to end up being scum and stab me in the back with it. You can take that or leave it

Also can someone give a general idea of where the votes are? Wanna make sure Ezlo or All Might dies

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Y'all are idiots. The correct decision there as scum is to boost Minish, theres no choice. I chose not to because gamblers fallacy that I was sure whoever I picked was going to end up being scum and stab me in the back with it. You can take that or leave it

Also can someone give a general idea of where the votes are? Wanna make sure Ezlo or All Might dies
3 votes on Ezlo, 2 on All Might

if you convince me I can change my Ezlo vote to All Might since I don't really wanna kill a loose end

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Just got home.

Charged Pen Pen. Was hoping to distribute abilities as thinly as possible because 10-11 players with 1 charge is better than 5 players with 2ish charges for town, so I picked a player who I felt was likely to pick a useful ability who wouldn't get too many charges (assumed funnier, minish, moe, exlight, and myself in particular might get a good number of passive charges from being talkative in games, so I wanted to avoid those choices).

I'm unsure if scum players got one charge or two charges each. If they got 2 charges each (or all got a free charge), it'll be hard to peg them because they could target a town player for cover and a scummate to ensure they get extra power, which would mean relying on this strategy too heavily is dangerous and us all claiming was a mostly bad thing for town. This is only one possibility, but I think it's one that's dangerous to overlook, especially since Johnny was unwilling to confirm to the contrary when I PMed him about it.

In a 1-charge scum universe, if there's at least one mechanically savvy player on the team, it's decently likely that scum would have had at least one member target outside their group because of this exact situation. I think Moe, myself, and ExLight seem decently capable of this kind of line of thought, at the very least, although any of us could certainly get greedy and try to gather 3 charges or miss this because of a rules misunderstanding.

Similarly, it's possible that a scum player lied about not targeting anyone (funnier, ezlo) to isolate themselves from making connections to other players in this way. There's very little reason for a town player not to target someone considering that it's like a 5/7ish chance of hitting town and if no townies to do, town is likely vanilla. These two players are probably my highest priority lynches.

If we assume scum only targeted scum and had 1 charge each, things get much easier, and I don't think this is a bad area to explore, but I get the feeling we're not going to find groupings of more than 2 scum unless the players didn't really think things through, which is certainly possible but not something I'd be comfortable betting the game on.

All of this is invalidated if scum is 2-charge, but I think it's a line of thought worth exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom