• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
okay great, we just need to wait on rubik
the only people we should be interested in lynching based on these results alone are funnier and ezlo
it doesn't seem like town would be willing to sit out on charging up another player imo

other than that, let's ignore the list and get to classical scumhunting

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
unvote
vote: ExLight

right now your general flightiness and borderline panicky attitude make me think you're a wolf here
I wonder if you even remember the crossover game :`v`:

Are you aware that your plan backfires for Town if someone doesn't claim who they boosted? Is it wrong to go after the ones that appear to be trying to stall it? As for "borderline panicky attitude" that's literally me in every game.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I wonder if you even remember the crossover game :`v`:

Are you aware that your plan backfires for Town if someone doesn't claim who they boosted? Is it wrong to go after the ones that appear to be trying to stall it? As for "borderline panicky attitude" that's literally me in every game.
my plan is already complete (minus one person) everyone has made a note of who they boosted, so if scum flips, we just look at who they are on record as boosting.

also jokes on you guys I'm a third party that wins by guessing who everyone charged :wynaut:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
my plan is already complete (minus one person) everyone has made a note of who they boosted, so if scum flips, we just look at who they are on record as boosting.

Scum could theoretically boost a townie and just plan on killing them early on. And if they could choose from the same list they could've picked recharger and another role to just keep recharging themselves.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
so if the scum team is exactly rubik/ezlo/funnier my plan doesn't work.
No, not that smh.

Even if they flip scum, whoever boosted them could be Town or scum, so even if we went after them we'd waste phases because they boosting the flipped scum wouldn't be crucial evidence against someone.

And if they're town and get killed before telling who they supposedly boosted we won't be able to verify stuff like the amount of shots someone should have vs. the amount they claim to have, which opens more loopholes for scum. That's why everyone has to tell who boosted who before a kill happens.

Like, if we lynched Rubik now and he flipped scum, would that mean giri and Pen are scum? Would it mean one of them is scum?
And, if Rubik what if he's Town and gets killed during the Night, how can we verify if he had at least 2 shots? would Pen and giri be cleared?

The whole plan becomes a WIFOM because of loose ends.

Pen

The game is on!

I believe only scum would attempt to lie about who they boosted. There's no reason for town to lie about something like that.

Let's say player A has 1 shot. Then they know they received one boost from someone. But if both player B and player C claims to have boosted player A, then they can easily claim that either player B or player C is lying.

Pen

The game is on!
Like, if we lynched Rubik now and he flipped scum, would that mean giri and Pen are scum? Would it mean one of them is scum?
And, if Rubik what if he's Town and gets killed during the Night, how can we verify if he had at least 2 shots? would Pen and giri be cleared?

I feel like this would be the obvious method of solving the game and I absolutely think we should consider it. However, let's not forget that there's a chance thst one or multiple mafia members deliberately chose to boost Townies specifically to avoid capture from such a tactical method, so with that in mind it's not a flawless strategy.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I believe only scum would attempt to lie about who they boosted. There's no reason for town to lie about something like that.

Let's say player A has 1 shot. Then they know they received one boost from someone. But if both player B and player C claims to have boosted player A, then they can easily claim that either player B or player C is lying.
Yea, I know
But would the Player A tell how many shots he has if they were scum? Or even tell who they boosted?
The problem is when the Player A is one of the loose ends, in this case Rubik, Ezlo, and funnier(?).
That's why everyone needs to claim this stuff, so we can verify who is lying before a night phase messes it up, or before a kill makes it so we can't verify who boosted who.

I feel like this would be the obvious method of solving the game and I absolutely think we should consider it. However, let's not forget that there's a chance thst one or multiple mafia members deliberately chose to boost Townies specifically to avoid capture from such a tactical method, so with that in mind it's not a flawless strategy.
"this" what? :glare:
The whole point of those questions were to show that it just becomes a WIFOM whether a loose end dies, what conclusions would you take depending on a Rubik's flip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom