• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
sigh
I boosted Max
Ugh...why didnt I look at this before updating again. Third times the charm.

Rubik
Pika_pika42 Max
Pen Rubik
MorbidMinish funnier
Doc Minish
funnier6 None
ExLight Max
Spiritual Mask Salesman Pen
giri Rubik
Ezlo None
Max1996ZD Ex
All Might Doc
DekuNut SMS
Moe the Moblin Deku

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I was too scurd. I thought it worked like a motivator shot.
super sus
I feel like you'd motivate Minish even if you interpreted it like that

Okie, so the only group that catches my eye at first in that list is ExLight, Max, Pika; but I can assure that this just a coincidence because we come from the same community so we prolly picked these because we're more used to each other (c'mon what are the odds of the 3 folks from Garden becoming a team).

Rubik seems to be one of the key players, and the only one that hasn't commented about it, so I'd like to hear who he boosted.

Pen

The game is on!
If he's scum that hadn't taken coaching then it would make no sense for him to claim vanilla.
I feel like if he's scum someone told him something about "becoming like vanilla" after using all shots, and it stuck in his mind. When someone asked him a different question he blurted that out.

That's definitely a decent possibility too.

The list was after we chose our Pokemon, I don't think scum would get the list because that probably wouldn't be fair.

I just kinda naturally assumed the Mafia members got to choose from roles out of the same list as us, but maybe I was wrong in thinking that. It's hard to know for sure...

So, do you think everyone received the role they asked for? In that case, there can be multiple people with same roles or the host randomly decided to give one person that role (in case of multiple requests) and the other(s) random roles?

I do think that there can be multiple players with the same role, but of course I could be mistaken though.

There's already so much about this setup that doesn't make sense to me, at least from a balancing perspective. Seems like it could be broken pretty easily.

Yeah this setup could very likely be broken to achieve an easy win against the Mafia. Moe's brilliant suggestion to have everyone claim who they boosted could be one of those methods depending on what we learn from it once everyone's chimed in. But from a balancing perspective as you mentioned, I do think this setup is pretty balanced in most scenarios. Sure there's a chance that all Townies are commuters or that everyone's either a doctor or a cop, but its not like we got to coordinate ourselves before we chose our roles. Because of that the combination of roles in the game could be anything. Besides, most players are just 1-shot anyway, so the role balancing doesn't matter all that much with that in mind.

Sounds a bit stilted to me. What if everyone decides to boost one person with Coroner or something? They'd be virtually unstoppable at Night.

Sure that's possible, but incredibly unlikely.

Vote: All Might

This seems to be the correct path to follow.

Would you care to explain with a bit more detail?

If the setup was compmetely open and scum saw the list of Town roles, we should have been shown a list of what the Mafia has to counteract those roles if they even were given a list. Otherwise, what we are talking about is only a semi-open setup favoring the Mafia.

Bare in mind though that IF the Mafia has another set of roles to choose from (though I honestly hadn't considered it until you brought up the possibility) then they probably wouldn't know what our list looked like, just like we don't know theirs. I don't really think either side is favoured.

I was too scurd. I thought it worked like a motivator shot.

Like, I know you've said that but I can't help but be a bit suspicious of you for it still. Even if you'd thought it worked more like a motivator your chances of assisting a Townie would have still been far greater than the risk of boosting a mafia member.

Also, @DekuNut and @Rubik where you at?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Where does this random me/funnier/doc world come from? Lol.
From who boosted who.
I have this gut feeling funnier would boost you, and if that happened it's the only team that kinda cycles perfectly.

There are some other possible teams that also lead us into dead ends that come to my mind, like: SMS, Deku, and Pen; giri, Rubik, and someone else; or pretty much any team that might have Ezlo because he's another loose end. So like idk, we need some flips to dig out the scums better, like Moe said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom