• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
But the question wasn't how many boosts he got, it was who did he boost. Unlike funnier, Ezlo seems to be claiming that he didn't even have a charge to give anyone because of his role, which seems bizarre given the setup.

But the question wasn't how many boosts he got, it was who did he boost. Unlike funnier, Ezlo seems to be claiming that he didn't even have a charge to give anyone because of his role, which seems bizarre given the setup.

I read it as he thought he was being asked who boosted him. Ezlo is new so if he's scum I'd feel like his scumbuds would have told him what to claim. Vanilla is a strange fakeclaim for mafia. But if those who didn't get boosted didn't get any shots then vanilla could make sense.

Anyway, I don't think we have true vanilla in this game, idk why he decided to roleclaim. Unless he means vanilla in this context as in he wasn't boosted?
Why do you think there can be no vanilla in this game?

I...admittedly forgot this forum has a lot more activity than I'm actually capable of reading through as well as on Bulbagarden.
Yeah same.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
None, I'm vanilla
Can't tell if convenient or unlucky...

Probably because I'm not as active as him.

Though I dunno, maybe All Might is a good choice.
You always say that. =P

Anyway, I don't think we have true vanilla in this game, idk why he decided to roleclaim. Unless he means vanilla in this context as in he wasn't boosted?
What if someone actually got the role he requested and that made him vanilla? As far as I can tell, the shots are limited to a first come, first served basis, meaning that he'd revert to the default category. Of course, that reasoning isn't AI, and nor does it clear him.

I read it as he thought he was being asked who boosted him. Ezlo is new so if he's scum I'd feel like his scumbuds would have told him what to claim. Vanilla is a strange fakeclaim for mafia. But if those who didn't get boosted didn't get any shots then vanilla could make sense.
I'm unclear if boosting affects those with or without roles. Assuming that unreserved roles aren't distributed evenly, Ezlo could be telling the truth but he could also be scum.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Can't tell if convenient or unlucky...
Not unlucky. Since he's somewhat new there's a higher chance he wouldn't get boosted if he's Town.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little conflicted about Ezlo. It seems like a scum getting coached, but could also be confused Townie.
Should we ask him which role he picked?
And I don't really wanna lynch someone D1 on their first game (feels bad we all've been there right).

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
What if someone actually got the role he requested and that made him vanilla? As far as I can tell, the shots are limited to a first come, first served basis, meaning that he'd revert to the default category. Of course, that reasoning isn't AI, and nor does it clear him.
That seems a little unfair because the roles already have few shots, so having multiple people with the same role up to some point could be a way of counterbalancing that. It's a possibility tho.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
You always say that. =P

Sorry! :p

I hate to break it to you all, but before the game began we were given a list of roles as Town to choose from, and Vanilla was not on the list. Players oblivious to this may not be Town.

Did you not read what people think he meant? If people that are one shot only got that because they were boosted, that means non boosted people would get nothing. So we don't know if those people were given the role of vanilla rather than 0-shot whatever. Because that would be kinda weird to have a role but no shots.

Pen

The game is on!

He still avoided the question though so even if you're right about how he could be "vanilla" there are still other concerning things about his claim.

I think he just misread the question and gave a different answer.

Pretty much everyone were actively discussing the topic at the time. It was quite clear what was being talked about and what the question was.

The way I interpret the situation is that he's an inexperienced Mafia member who didn't consult with his team mates before speaking. Because I don't see why anyone would suggest him to say that. To me it seems he decided to act on his own with that post at least.

Why do you think there can be no vanilla in this game?

As I pointed out earlier I think it's safe to assume that we all got to choose roles from the same list before the game began. And as I'm writing this I just saw SMS post what I was about to say, but none of us should be vanilla based on that.

I'm unclear if boosting affects those with or without roles. Assuming that unreserved roles aren't distributed evenly, Ezlo could be telling the truth but he could also be scum.

The way I think it works is thst we all picked a role at the start and depending how many people boosted us we got that many uses of the role we picked. So there couple potentially exist multiple Doctors with different amounts of shots or several Cops with various amounts of uses.

Don't be so literal. He clearly meant virtually Vanilla, not a Vanilla role.
Even if he was scum being coached then they wouldn't tell him "claim vanilla".

I wouldn't be too sure about what he meant honestly. There's just too many contradictions or things that seem off about his statement to ignore it completely. And as I said, i get the feeling he's Mafia who didn't take coaching from his team before making that post.

Did you not read what people think he meant? If people that are one shot only got that because they were boosted, that means non boosted people would get nothing. So we don't know if those people were given the role of vanilla rather than 0-shot whatever. Because that would be kinda weird to have a role but no shots.

I still think that players with 0 shots will be the role they chose. Because remember there's a Recharger role which can potentially give shots to those who started out with none.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think you'd have your role but just no shots because you got no boost, otherwise why let us choose at all if failing to get boosted just kicks us to vanilla status or whatever for the whole game. You'd still just be your role but with no shot, I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom