• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I already explained that

Imagine the following scenario: during D2 the a n-shot cop (or any investigative role) claims and tells town their N1 result, while also claiming to be a one-shot.
If its number of shots is unknown it causes a WIFOM for scum. If scum believes that it really is one shot, then they won’t see it as a theat, and it survives for another night to use their next shot; if scum doesn’t believe them and it’s true, they’s prolly waste scum’s kill or roleblock shot.
Since we’re claiming who we boosted, and by consequence assuming our number of shots, this kind of strategy, that really helps town to coordinate stuff and clear people, becomes unviable.
I don't follow, it isn't like we'll continue telling if we were boosted each Day.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I don’t get it what you mean

assuming we don’t get extra boosts:
1. Mafia will know which townies have more shots, and thus which ones might be major threats to them

2. Mafia will know who doesn’t have shots (assuming Doc is right), which helps them dig out power roles

3. Mafia won’t suffer from WIFOM whenever someone claims, because they’ll have a pretty good idea whether or not they really have another shot

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
As I said, I made a joke to Johnny and his response leads me to believe that there is no defaults. And it's starting to look like thats probably the case because everyone who received only one-shot have at least one person who charged them.
hi it's generally against the rules to mention host information ingame (even if it isn't explicitly here it's pretty poor form)
please keep integrity of the game intact and let's not use something we aren't supposed to to solve the game

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I don’t get it what you mean

assuming we don’t get extra boosts:
1. Mafia will know which townies have more shots, and thus which ones might be major threats to them

2. Mafia will know who doesn’t have shots (assuming Doc is right), which helps them dig out power roles

3. Mafia won’t suffer from WIFOM whenever someone claims, because they’ll have a pretty good idea whether or not they really have another shot
you are overthinking things imo
the game isn't won by tricking wolves into making poor decisions when delving into wifom
this game in particular is won by essentially throwing lynches at a dart board until we hit one wolf then lynching all players associated with them via boosting.
The odds that wolves didn't boost their partners to some degree is zero, and the only way they wouldn't have fully boosted their own charges is if they specifically had the same idea I did ahead of time, which is unlikely since it's a thought that I believe is hard to come from wolf perspective

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Do you think there might be indepts in this game? How would they work?

the game isn't won by tricking wolves into making poor decisions when delving into wifom
If they have limited shot it certainly helps a lot

The odds that wolves didn't boost their partners to some degree is zero, and the only way they wouldn't have fully boosted their own charges is if they specifically had the same idea I did ahead of time, which is unlikely since it's a thought that I believe is hard to come from wolf perspective
Yea, I kinda agree.
But the plan has flaws because some roles might've started as 0-shots before the boosts and other ones as 1-shots before the boosts, so the whole thing can be kinda useless because if that's the case scum can just lie, and who picked who won't matter unless we find a massive discrepancy.

But if that happens I guess my worries about the WIFOM thingie are kinda unnecessary. I'd rather handicap them a little to buy us more time for us to corner them instead of going full rambo until we hit scum. I guess it's two ways of approaching it that might work, yea.

funnier6

Courage~
Do you think there might be indepts in this game? How would they work?

If they have limited shot it certainly helps a lot

Yea, I kinda agree.
But the plan has flaws because some roles might've started as 0-shots before the boosts and other ones as 1-shots before the boosts, so the whole thing can be kinda useless because if that's the case scum can just lie, and who picked who won't matter unless we find a massive discrepancy.

But if that happens I guess my worries about the WIFOM thingie are kinda unnecessary. I'd rather handicap them a little to buy us more time for us to corner them instead of going full rambo until we hit scum. I guess it's two ways of approaching it that might work, yea.
Ex

Can you please please please please please please PLEASE not try to brilliant plan with the mechanics.

Focus on trying to read people please? Who the heck are you voting and why

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Can you please please please please please please PLEASE not try to brilliant plan with the mechanics.

Focus on trying to read people please? Who the heck are you voting and why
trying to stop me huh :`v`:

I'm not voting anyone atm
I voted Moe initially because I thought his plan was an attempt to learn how many shots we had, but I can see the Town logic behind it so I unvoted him. Something about Pendio and SMS seem off tho, but I can't really point what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom