• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So here was what he said:

There may also be the possibility that mafia had a role or ability to steal charges?

Because I did receive a charge and was informed of it already.

He was informed already that he recieved a charge. Now after it's pointed that may not be how it works he goes on to make this post which, idk, I find it kind of scrambly correction:

Wait...did people who claim they weren’t charged up only receive one? Because y’all were charged up if you only have one
Why didn't he just say that earlier? He may not have been aware to say it because he was bluffing after he found out Minish boosted him. Of course, it could just be that Doc is smarter than all of us, lol. But idk. @Morbid Minish, do you have a 1-shot or 2?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don’t want to say too much about this, because believing that one-shot is a charge has nothing to do with my role and instead interactions I had with Johnny. In short, I made a joke that Johnny responded to, that leads me to believe that there is no default charge.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
So here was what he said:

He was informed already that he recieved a charge. Now after it's pointed that may not be how it works he goes on to make this post which, idk, I find it kind of scrambly correction:

Why didn't he just say that earlier? He may not have been aware to say it because he was bluffing after he found out Minish boosted him. Of course, it could just be that Doc is smarter than all of us, lol. But idk. @Morbid Minish, do you have a 1-shot or 2?

I didn't boost him, I boosted funnier. We don't know who boosted Doc as far as I remember. So him saying he was boosted without anyone saying they boosted him, and also saying he knew he was doesn't seem scummy to me.

Also I'm 1 shot.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Doc: 2 (Pen, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Pen: 2 (Morbid Minish, funnier6)
Morbid Minish: 2 (Ezlo, Moe the Moblin)
Rubik: 1 (ExLight)
Ezlo: 1 (All Might)
DekuNut: 1 (Rubik)
Moe the Moblin: 1 (giri)

Just let me know if this seems off guys

There are 23 hours and 52 minutes left in Day 1!

@ExLight make sure to Unvote before you Vote;)

@Max1996ZD
@Pika_pika42
You both have not met the 3 post minimum. If you guys can either post or let me know if you'll be more active the next day, I can wave the minimum for the day if it can be the next day.

funnier6

Courage~
If I had known this was how it was going to work I would’ve totally boosted Minish lol. I thought it gave an extra night kill or some ominous ability to the scum team.

This means the scum team must’ve chosen abilities off the list right?

Pen

The game is on!
I also think Doc is right about there not being any free shots but rather that those with 1 shot were boosted once.

That said, I boosted Rubik.

Unvote

@ExLight I don't think I quite understand why you're so against everyone sharing who they boosted. Depending on who people boosted I think we could potentially learn a great deal. And once players start dying that information will be even more valuable. Possibly.

It's a shame funnier didn't use his boost on anyone seeing as there's always a higher chance of boosting a Townie than a Mafia. Even if the rules had functioned the way he originally thought he would have still had a great chance of benefitting the Town if he had only boosted someone. So naturally I'm a little suspicious.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Wait...did people who claim they weren’t charged up only receive one? Because y’all were charged up if you only have one. At least I'm like 90% certain thats the case.

To address the concerns for about giving mafia information, I think it gives town more power down the road as evidence to look back on. My selection was mostly random (no offense Minish) but mafia would be very deliberate in who they pick. Sure, they could have selected non-scum to make other people look suspicious, but it's information that could still be useful.
yes this is why we're claiming :wynaut:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Why are you so certain of that, Doc?
Does anyone here have 0 shots to prove this theory? Aka virtually vanilla?

yes this is why we're claiming :wynaut:
ooh, wait
I see what you mean now

Unvote

I still think we shouldn’t claim that so early because more than a few groups will prolly appear, and because we still don’t have enough info on how the boosting works.

I also think Doc is right about there not being any free shots but rather that those with 1 shot were boosted once.

That said, I boosted Rubik.

Unvote

@ExLight I don't think I quite understand why you're so against everyone sharing who they boosted. Depending on who people boosted I think we could potentially learn a great deal. And once players start dying that information will be even more valuable. Possibly.
What? How so?
Telling everyone how many shots we have before even going through the first night is terrible.

It makes so scum can spot where the threats to them are in a ridiculously easy manner.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

ooh, wait
I see what you mean now

Unvote

I still think we shouldn’t claim that so early because more than a few groups will prolly appear, and because we still don’t have enough info on how the boosting works.

What? How so?
Telling everyone how many shots we have before even going through the first night is terrible.

It makes so scum can spot where the threats to them are in a ridiculously easy manner.
Not really, saying you have shots doesn't mean much if nobody knows your role.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
As I said, I made a joke to Johnny and his response leads me to believe that there is no defaults. And it's starting to look like thats probably the case because everyone who received only one-shot have at least one person who charged them.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Not really, saying you have shots doesn't mean much if nobody knows your role.
I already explained that

Imagine the following scenario: during D2 the a n-shot cop (or any investigative role) claims and tells town their N1 result, while also claiming to be a one-shot.
If its number of shots is unknown it causes a WIFOM for scum. If scum believes that it really is one shot, then they won’t see it as a theat, and it survives for another night to use their next shot; if scum doesn’t believe them and it’s true, they’s prolly waste scum’s kill or roleblock shot.
Since we’re claiming who we boosted, and by consequence assuming our number of shots, this kind of strategy, that really helps town to coordinate stuff and clear people, becomes unviable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom