• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I wish this was the case. Feels like forever ago since I was last Mafia on ZD. Though I suppose I haven't played in a lot of the recent games so I can't exactly complain about it. Anyway, I'm honestly just excited to be playing again. I'm really feeling it, ya know. That alluring Mafia tingle! :)
If you say so squints

How do you plan on going about your day one
Hm, that's interesting because I had the exact opposite feeling from those posts. I thought they came across townie. Probably because I feel I'd be more likely to say something like that as town and not scum. And also just because the way Pen is talking gives me town feelings.
I remember town Pendio being very uninterested in the game at large and scum Pen being raring to go so I don’t really see how that’s a good thing lol. What are you thinking of doing today? I don’t like the way All Might is sitting around.

funnier6

Courage~
I never really have much of a plan for the first day. I usually rather suck day 1 honestly. But I will be active as much as I have time to and I'm keeping my eyes and ears open. ^^
Suppose nothing happens? Suppose things go nowhere? What do you do? What do you think? Have you no impressions? Do these impressions not compel you to act?

Pen

The game is on!
Suppose nothing happens? Suppose things go nowhere? What do you do? What do you think? Have you no impressions? Do these impressions not compel you to act?

Five pages into the game I rarely do have any clear impressions. For understandable reasons too, I dare say. I've never been one to jump the gun exactly. That said though, should I feel the day goes nowhere and the activity is in the grave I would probably try stirring up discussion by asking questions to different players. As I see it right now though I think activity is decent. Besides, it's just day 1 and most of us are still in RVS, so while I'm certainly enjoying the game and watching out for suspects, I will say I'm not yet taking it as seriously as I will after night 1 is over. That's just always how I play.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'm so confused Blimey! who else are her first time?
I've read the rules?
But how do you "detect" scum ? Is it just blind guess?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I remember town Pendio being very uninterested in the game at large and scum Pen being raring to go so I don’t really see how that’s a good thing lol. What are you thinking of doing today? I don’t like the way All Might is sitting around.

I feel like I've seen town Pen like this too. Probably after he had taken a break as well. I'm not an expert at reading him or anything though and I certainly have a tough time of it. But I dunno, my gut wants to feel he's town right now and I guess that's good for me day 1.

You know I basically always read All Might scum. Lol. But tbf, his lack of contribution doesn't give me reason to right now.

I'd like to hear from Doc though because I know he's never super active, but there hasn't been too much too keep up with so far. So he shouldn't be too overwhelmed. @Doc any thoughts? Maybe on the Pen situation we've been discussing.

Also omg, quote buttons I missed you so much.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Five pages into the game I rarely do have any clear impressions. For understandable reasons too, I dare say. I've never been one to jump the gun exactly. That said though, should I feel the day goes nowhere and the activity is in the grave I would probably try stirring up discussion by asking questions to different players. As I see it right now though I think activity is decent. Besides, it's just day 1 and most of us are still in RVS, so while I'm certainly enjoying the game and watching out for suspects, I will say I'm not yet taking it as seriously as I will after night 1 is over. That's just always how I play.
So I do want to ask, are you saying that in your opinion, RVS lasts all through Day 1? Or is this a scum-slip? Typically Mafiosos are more interested in getting the Day over with to get to the Night phase. :suspicious:

Pen

The game is on!
So I do want to ask, are you saying that in your opinion, RVS lasts all through Day 1? Or is this a scum-slip? Typically Mafiosos are more interested in getting the Day over with to get to the Night phase. :suspicious:

RVS certainly doesn't have to last all of day 1, however, even after the RVS is over on day 1 there's still very little to go on most of the time. Thus it's usually when day 2 starts that it becomes easier to keep serious discussion going. In my experience anyway.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Also omg, quote buttons I missed you so much
I feel like I was in the past and suddenly I've been tossed into the future, lol.

I'm so confused Blimey! who else are her first time?
I've read the rules?
But how do you "detect" scum ? Is it just blind guess?
Well right now the game is in a Random Voting Stage (RVS) where things are not taken very seriously. Scum hunting takes persistence and a vigilant eye. You want to look for people who maybe aren't contributing enough to the game but are posting anyway to make an appearence like they are being productive; people who are maybe making conflicting statements; you also want to be mindful of people who are pushing agendas that don't seem to be in the Town's best interest.

You don't just want to be looking out for scum though, you also want to be looking for Townies, people who are making productive posts, and who are actively scum hunting (because scum don't actually need to scum hunt).

This is just a quick run down. Most importantly, you gain the most experience from playing. If you stick around for more games, you'll gain more experience. :)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
RVS certainly doesn't have to last all of day 1, however, even after the RVS is over on day 1 there's still very little to go on most of the time. Thus it's usually when day 2 starts that it becomes easier to keep serious discussion going. In my experience anyway.
So just a quick reminder since it's been quite some time since we last played. What's your stance on Day 1 voting? Should there be a Day 1 lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom