• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hideki Kamiya Would Like to Make a StarFox Game

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is actually something that has been talked about in the past by the ever-popular Platinum Games co-founder, but it was brought up again in a recent interview with Eurogamer.

"I can't really commit to anything - if I was going to work on anything like that it'd come with huge responsibility, so I can't say this lightly - but it's something that I really love, and I'm personally speaking as a huge fan of the franchise."

Nintendo hasn't really shown interest in StarFox lately, so I doubt they'll walk up and ask Platinum to make the next entry, but I would certainly like to see what Platinum would bring to the table. They're known for fast-paced, over-the-top Action games, and StarFox's core formula isn't unlike that sort of thing. Besides, Bayonetta had a brief StarFox-esque sequence, so they're not foreign to the Shoot-'Em-Up concept.

What do you think about this? Would you like to see a Platinum-made StarFox game?

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sure. Platinum's a great developer, I have more faith in them than Nintendo, they're creative and won't just churn out the same old thing each time, they just don't see much commercial success with their games. But I'd love to see them do a Star Fox game, I'm sure they'd bring a lot to it. Just don't shoe-horn in some crappy Gamepad features and I'm there.

Platinum or Retro, imo. Give Star Fox to either of those guys, Ninty, do it. :P

Big Octo

=^)
I'd be very happy for them to make the game. Actually, I would be happy if another Starfox game was made, period. Hopefully Nintendo will show more interest to the franchise in the future and allow Platinum to revive the great series. If and when they ever do that, all I need then is another F-Zero game ti be happy.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I really hope this will lead into something. Fox looks pretty cool in the upcoming SSB4 (even though he's always looked pretty boss), and it would be a shame to waste his character and many of the others by giving up on the series. I also think that by giving the series to new devs, Nintendo could give some freshness to the series. I'd definitely be for it.

Salem

SICK
I don't care WHO makes the next Star Fox game as long as it PLAYS LIKE a Star Fox game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What's a Star Fox?

That's my answer to this thread. I think investing in an SF game would be foolhardy; leave the forgotten games in their graves lest they turn out to be a Duke Nukem Forever, Killer Instinct (XONE), or other vaporware-turned-game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom