• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hidden Within the Music

I got to thinking last night about how a lot of people were upset that OoT did not have the actual Zelda theme in it, or what has become known as the most common Zelda theme. But the intro does have something from the original game; Something that I hadn't noticed until I was thinking about all this last night. The intro has the Flute theme from LoZ. Yes, the little tune that is played when you play the Flute in the very first Zelda (as well as in Super Mario Bros. 3). I can't believe I never did notice it.

Intro to OoT (watch till the Ocarina starts playing its part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLil2sMsoE0

Flute Song
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/...egend-of-Zelda-Ringtones-Text-Message-Alerts-

Has anyone else noticed this? Also, for discussion purposes, has anyone else found any kind of hidden relevance to a previous title (in either OoT or MM), in any more of the music? I would like to also mention the Ballad of the Wind Fish in MM, but that song sounds nothing like the original tune from LA. And being a bass player, I did notice Japas (the bassist in the Zora Band in MM), playing the Dungeon theme from the original LoZ. But that was a lot more noticable (at least for me) than OoT's intro.

I'm not so quick at picking up on little hidden references so, I'll be interested to see what anyone else comes up with.

N

Nejiron

This isn't hidden at all! I'm surprised I've never noticed either!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Wow, I can't believe I didn't hear that before either! It's completely 100% the original flute theme! That's wild when you think about it. I always knew about the Mario 3 / LoZ connection of the flute, but I always just assumed OoT's opening was an original piece.

I guess it's not as noticeable as you'd think because it's played at a slower pace, and they linger on the first notes a bit more. Regardless, this is a cool find! I'll never hear the flute theme when playing LoZ the same again! (In a good way, that is.)

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I guess it's not as noticeable as you'd think because it's played at a slower pace, and they linger on the first notes a bit more.

Yes, that is why I didnt notice either, and Ive listened to it so much.
I feel like such a stupe :(

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Awesome "finding" DL, I never noticed that...
I always noted that there was a flute playing, but never really tried to recognize the music

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Now that I think about it more, it seems odd to base the main theme for the game's title screen on such a small, rather "obscure" little 6-note ditty from a previous game when the main Overworld Theme is severely absent from the title.

I keep going back to listen to it to see if I can hear the not-as-musical AoL flute. I kind kind of hear maybe a bit of it going on in there, but I think I'm really just looking for something that's not actually there. :)

Zarom

The King
I never noticed it before! It is really the same tune, just a bit slowed down! :clap:

7nayru

Wierd, its tottaly the same tune, just slowed down, how could i not notice this!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom