• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heterosexual Pride Day? Really?

Exactly this. While you cannot deny someone the right to have their own parade based on race/gender/sexual orientation/etc. That doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will agree with it, or that it isn't insulting to other groups.

My problem with the "Hetrosexual Pride Parade" is not really the fact they are "proud" of being straight, but the fact they think they actually think they need it. It seems wholly disingenuous and spiteful to me.

Yes exactly. It's like "oh, we poor straight people are being left out! we must fix this injustice!"Spot on.
See, that's exactly my point. It's just being done , basically, because LGBT people are having their pride parades and straight people aren't. It's basically as if they're going " Oh, no! Those gays are more important to the media than we are! To the Batcave!"
Then they just launch all this Pride crap because the other " side" has it. Again, one-upmanship.
There are no sides, only people. It's all a delusion we made up to make us feel better about ourselves. Seperate people into groups and then it's child's play to decide which ones you don't like, and then make them feel bad so you feel better. I probably already said this, but it's a cycle.
So all they're going to do is cause more segregation of what, in actual fact, is one "team". Furthermore...

Sao Paulo City Council Approves 'Heterosexual Pride Day' said:
......But he also said his push for the event is not really about parades — he doesn't want one for Heterosexual Pride Day — but is to "raise awareness and encourage the public to safeguard the morals and good customs."
To me, that suggests underlying issues pushing the straight pride idea. It says about morals and stuff... but how does that come into being proud of being straight?
Plus...

Sao Paulo City Council Approves 'Heterosexual Pride Day' said:
The legislation's author, councilman Carlos Apolinario, said Heterosexual Pride Day is "not anti-gay but a protest against the privileges the gay community enjoys." One of these privileges, he said, is their right to hold a parade down Paulista Avenue while the March for Jesus, another large-scale walk, is barred from using the main thoroughfare.
This is ridiculous. Of course they should avoid a meeting of and LGBT parade and a March for Jesus.
I read in a related article that a lot of those are Evangelical protestants. In RE we were taught that evangelical protestants believe the Gay act and the mere inclination are all sinful . How, then, could it be wrong to avoid the two meeting or going down the same road? It's violence just waiting to happen.

This all sounds to me just like they're making excuses to have a straight pride parade, and when it comes down to it, it's, like I said, one upmanship.

Last edited:
See, that's exactly my point. It's just being done , basically, because LGBT people are having their pride parades and straight people aren't. It's basically as if they're going " Oh, no! Those gays are more important to the media than we are! To the Batcave!"
Then they just launch all this Pride crap because the other " side" has it. Again, one-upmanship.
There are no sides, only people. It's all a delusion we made up to make us feel better about ourselves. Seperate people into groups and then it's child's play to decide which ones you don't like, and then make them feel bad so you feel better. I probably already said this, but it's a cycle.
So all they're going to do is cause more segregation of what, in actual fact, is one "team".
One measly parade will not completely separate the heterosexual and homosexual communities. It would surely cause some uproar, but not at a high enough level to create a problem. Unless the media steps in.

No, but the media will step in. They'll make a massive fuss of it, like they always. do. Remember the Large Hadron Collider? Exteremly low chance of ithamring anyone, and they kicked up a massive fuss saying it could destroy us all by causing a black hole, sucking us all in, etc.. many people ended up thinking it was gonna kill us all, and jumped into apocalypse scenario.
Yes, one parade isn't going to completely seperate the hetero - non-hetero communities, but the media will no doubt jump in, hype it up, and then other people start thinking it's a good idea, and it starts a chain reaction. The communities move further apart. This is why it's a bad idea.

Plus, read my edit.

Last edited:
Is this right? It's a waste of time, but so is the homosexual version. Is it neccesary? Of course not. I cannot see the motive for being proud of having a negligible difference in hormones. Of course, this assumes that "pride parade" means what it appears to be- a parade about being proud of a certain charcteristic. Evidently the point of a homosexual-themed "pride parade" is in fact to demonstrate the enormity of the homosexual legions in order to intimidate and gain the loyalty of heterosexuals, is this correct? but even I don't see why heterosexuals should be denied the right- or even discouraged- to mirror it. But no, homosexuals are so oppressed (although far less so then they were in any other point of western history, except perhaps Mycenae) that they are prohibited from marching down the streets in suggestive clothing great numbers like a travelling freakshow? Oh wait, they aren't.

There wasn'tr eally any structured argument to this post, just thoughts on the matter.

But no, homosexuals are so oppressed (although far less so then they were in any other point of western history, except perhaps Mycenae) that they are prohibited from marching down the streets in suggestive clothing great numbers like a travelling freakshow? Oh wait, they aren't.
I can't tell what you mean by this.

I can't tell what you mean by this.
I think what he means is that homosexuals have the right to parade and have their own pride day. Homosexuals have all the same rights as heterosexuals here in America (I'm not too sure about other countries, so I don't wish to generalize) besides the right to marriage in some states. All other struggles are personal (insults, trying to fit in, etc.) and not political.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Bluelink6 said:
The legislation's author, councilman Carlos Apolinario, said Heterosexual Pride Day is "not anti-gay but a protest against the privileges the gay community enjoys." One of these privileges, he said, is their right to hold a parade down Paulista Avenue while the March for Jesus, another large-scale walk, is barred from using the main thoroughfare.
This is ridiculous. Of course they should avoid a meeting of and LGBT parade and a March for Jesus.
I read in a related article that a lot of those are Evangelical protestants. In RE we were taught that evangelical protestants believe the Gay act and the mere inclination are all sinful . How, then, could it be wrong to avoid the two meeting or going down the same road? It's violence just waiting to happen.
I believe you misunderstand. It's not saying that they use the street at the same time for two parades. First of all, that is a terrible idea that would never work. It would be way too crowded. The point is that the religious parade is not allowed on the main road, while the homosexual parade is.

From that excerpt, it appears to me that they aren't protesting the homosexual parade, they're protesting the homosexuals' right to actually have that parade, while the religious community does not have that right. Legally, if homosexuals can have a parade, so can heterosexuals, otherwise, it is discrimination, which is unconstitutional. On the other point, if one religion has a parade, all others must have the right to. I think people just don't want a parade at all.

I'll reiterate what I said before: I think a Heterosexual Pride Parade is unnecessary, but it is very important that they have the right to have it regardless of how unimportant I personally think it is.

I know. I meant that the way they said it was suggesting that they would prefer each parade be able to go down that road. And agreed. All pride parades should not be neccassary. But that can only happen when there's true equality, and, let's face it, never gonna happen. Why can't there just be a universal Pride parade instead?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's a slap in the face to homosexuals, yeah, but then again there could be another side of the coin - heterosexuals could want the representation that homos recently are getting. It is a common cycle in humans everywhere, a mix of jealousy and worry.

JasonXP

Its a Secret to Everybody
Why can't you just be proud of what you are? Why are you saying you have to be a minority to be "proud" of yourself?

I don't care what kind of events people have, as long as they aren't obnoxious with it.

But a hetero pride day sounds kinda cool! Guys could eat pizza, buy a new flatscreen TV and watch football all day.

Why can't you just be proud of what you are? Why are you saying you have to be a minority to be "proud" of yourself?

I don't care what kind of events people have, as long as they aren't obnoxious with it.

But a hetero pride day sounds kinda cool! Guys could eat pizza, buy a new flatscreen TV and watch football all day.
They have things like that already, though. They are called "Parades" ... or "Parties".

JasonXP

Its a Secret to Everybody
As I said I don't care what people do, but there shouldn't be any double standard. I have issues with the gay lifestyle because of the moral issues, but I'm not going to force what I believe to be true on anyone else. However this is kinda a non-issue to me, I don't really care what kind of "pride parties" people have, gay or straight. Can't we just laugh about this? I did when I first read it.

As I said I don't care what people do, but there shouldn't be any double standard. I have issues with the gay lifestyle because of the moral issues, but I'm not going to force what I believe to be true on anyone else. However this is kinda a non-issue to me, I don't really care what kind of "pride parties" people have, gay or straight. Can't we just laugh about this? I did when I first read it.
I did laugh at the concept of a "Heterosexual Pride Parade", but not because I thought it was funny.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
This is the kind of stuff that keeps Westboro Baptist Church talking.

EDIT: To the guy who de-rep'ed me for this post, something tells me you didn't read below. Please read the whole stinking thread before you de-rep someone for goodness sake!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom