• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero's Quest?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The best parts about Hero Mode are the full-power Skyward Strike right off the bat and the fact that the double damage feature made the Lightning Round more challenging. Other than that, I found it to be disappointing.

I was kind of hoping it would be more like Master Quest, yes, but I was fine with the fact that it wasn't. However, I was hoping it would have more incentives. One of my highest hopes was that Hero Mode would allow Link to stay in the clothes he starts out in throughout the whole adventure, like the second playthrough feature of Wind Waker, or at least have the option to switch between his normal clothes and his tunic like in Spirit Tracks. I was really let down when I saw that this wasn't the case.

Like Atticus said, once you get the Heart Medal, Hero Mode is pretty much easy from then on. Before getting the Heart Medal, I actually had a use for potions for once. I actually made sure I had at least one Heart Potion and a fairy on me at all times. But once I got the Heart Medal, potions once again lost their merit for me. If you ask me, Hero Mode would have been better off without the Heart Medals.

There's also the matter of certain characters acknowledging the fact that you're playing in Hero Mode. Instructor Horwell is the first character to do this, and he shaves a bit off of his little dash-and-jump tutorial. Although, he doesn't really say that much less. The Kikwi Hermit also acknowledges it, and lets you skip half of his original explanation about Farore's Flame and the Water Dragon. However, these were the only two instances I can recall in which characters acknowledged it, so it seems kind of pointless to have included it at all.

The biggest flaw of Hero Mode is the fact that when you first start it, it erases your current save data and replaces it with the new game, instead of allowing you to save the new playthrough under a seperate file like the second playthrough in Wind Waker. This was a very poor choice, if you ask me. I didn't make all that progress just to erase it, you know.

The "perks" of Hero Mode are pretty much obsolete compared to its flaws, in my opinion. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty disappointing feature.

The best parts about Hero Mode are the full-power Skyward Strike right off the bat and the fact that the double damage feature made the Lightning Round more challenging. Other than that, I found it to be disappointing.

I was kind of hoping it would be more like Master Quest, yes, but I was fine with the fact that it wasn't. However, I was hoping it would have more incentives. One of my highest hopes was that Hero Mode would allow Link to stay in the clothes he starts out in throughout the whole adventure, like the second playthrough feature of Wind Waker, or at least have the option to switch between his normal clothes and his tunic like in Spirit Tracks. I was really let down when I saw that this wasn't the case.

Like Atticus said, once you get the Heart Medal, Hero Mode is pretty much easy from then on. Before getting the Heart Medal, I actually had a use for potions for once. I actually made sure I had at least one Heart Potion and a fairy on me at all times. But once I got the Heart Medal, potions once again lost their merit for me. If you ask me, Hero Mode would have been better off without the Heart Medals.

There's also the matter of certain characters acknowledging the fact that you're playing in Hero Mode. Instructor Horwell is the first character to do this, and he shaves a bit off of his little dash-and-jump tutorial. Although, he doesn't really say that much less. The Kikwi Hermit also acknowledges it, and lets you skip half of his original explanation about Farore's Flame and the Water Dragon. However, these were the only two instances I can recall in which characters acknowledged it, so it seems kind of pointless to have included it at all.

The biggest flaw of Hero Mode is the fact that when you first start it, it erases your current save data and replaces it with the new game, instead of allowing you to save the new playthrough under a seperate file like the second playthrough in Wind Waker. This was a very poor choice, if you ask me. I didn't make all that progress just to erase it, you know.

The "perks" of Hero Mode are pretty much obsolete compared to its flaws, in my opinion. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty disappointing feature.

I guess you can say its not as good as its "predecessors", get it, get it, you know, predecessors...like as in previous zelda games but like skyward sword takes place before all of them...get it...IGNORE ME!!

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Hero Mode wasn't that worthless to me. There were a lot of people who died before they even obtained the slingshot. During the beginning of Hero Mode it's probably the hardest. Skyward Sword was an amazing game (in my opinion) and why not play it again in a harder difficulty. The Master Quest from Ocarina of Time added much more difficulty though. I wish Hero Mode was like the Master Quest. That would've made Hero Mode not as worthless as it is.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Hero Mode was hard to start out, but didn't end nearly as difficult as it began. I'm kind of disappointed with it, but it helped me pass the time while I was bored.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Hero Mode is viewed but a decent amount as useless. Yet in my personal opinion, it gave users an extra challenge, with the amount of people wishing to 100% games, it gives them an even better challenge wishing to 100% hero mode as well. It also allows boss battles to be more of a challenge. Hero Mode was much better the the Master Quest versions of OoT and MM, and I believe if one wants a true challenge, play hero mode. I expect to see this in future installments, so expect it and no rage people.

Hero Mode is viewed but a decent amount as useless. Yet in my personal opinion, it gave users an extra challenge, with the amount of people wishing to 100% games, it gives them an even better challenge wishing to 100% hero mode as well. It also allows boss battles to be more of a challenge. Hero Mode was much better the the Master Quest versions of OoT and MM, and I believe if one wants a true challenge, play hero mode. I expect to see this in future installments, so expect it and no rage people.

I disagree but yeah, no rage.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
MM doesn't have a Master Quest, and Hero Mode doesn't change anything but adding extra damage multipliers (pretty much making the game play as it should've minus the lack of recovery hearts, IMO), and HM is worse than MQ :P

If I see Hero Mode in a future title, you can best be sure that I will rage so hard.

MM doesn't have a Master Quest, and Hero Mode doesn't change anything but adding extra damage multipliers (pretty much making the game play as it should've minus the lack of recovery hearts, IMO), and HM is worse than MQ :P

If I see Hero Mode in a future title, you can best be sure that I will rage so hard.

same here

I liked hero mode, i agree it could have been better, but it was still more challenging than the original mode which i liked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom