• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Heroes of Holmfirth(D&D)

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It's a quiet morning in the village of Holmfirth. Farmers are already tending to their fields and the fishing boats out on the river. The various shopkeeps set up their stalls on the side of the main road that runs through the center of the town, while the local guard begins their patrol, making sure any visitors to the village don't cause a disturbance. The sky is clear this morning with no signs of rain or worse in the air, but a sense of dread has begun to fill this little village on the river.

The fish population in the river has become diseased, this disease causing the fish to become aggressive and attack the fisherman who make their living on this river. One man lay in the temple, the village cleric doing what he can to tend to the fisherman but no luck has come. In light of these events, the village leader has made posters calling for those able to help find the source of this disease and stop it if possible, a poster that each of our heroes has recently acquired.

Arthur Faye, you wake up in the local inn, having recently arrived on mercenary work you received from a shipping company in the city to the north. Your travels in investigating this missing shipment have led you to Holmfirth, a village you're only a little bit familiar with as a stop on the way to the city. It's because of this that you believe you'll find a clue about the missing shipment, as the shipping company who hired you usually sends their goods down the river. You noticed this poster hanging in the Inn, calling for help with the offer of pay for those who can help solve this village's issue, and you have a strange feeling that these two problems, the missing shipment and the diseased fish, aren't unrelated.

Kiitani Sharpeye, your entire life has been spent in this village, you and your family providing meat and furs from the various animals you hunt in the region, but with the fish becoming diseased the game has all moved away from their normal feeding spots. The hunt is scarce and you know that if something isn't done to help the fish, the animals of the area will never return. Saving the river is a matter of great importance, otherwise this place you call home may no longer be home to anything.

Akala Maka, a restless night led you to the village of Holmfirth. A friend from a faraway place visited you in your sleep, urging you to make a journey to the fishing village to help the people avoid a terrible disaster. Something evil is at work there, something not of this plane, but of another you're familiar with, is trying to create something dangerous to both worlds. Upon arrival, you can feel how tense things are in the village, and even though the sky is clear, and the day sunny, everything seems gray to you. A discarded poster lies at your feet on the ground, a request for those able, either from this village or from others, to help solve the mystery of these diseased fish. It seems your friend was right, and there was something you needed to do here.

What would you all like to do?

@Storm
@Killjoy262
@Pen

(OOC: If you have any questions for me out of character, please ask them in parentheses like this. I will have the discord set up later today)

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Arthur shakes his head. at least room and board for the week is taken care of for him by way of his employer, but Money is Money, and if he can make some side cash while on this main thing He will. Arthur looks for where to meet this Cleric.
(Perception: 3)

Libk

(In the future, use Survival for finding a location in a town or city as it's more of tracking it down instead of a perception thing. That said in this case it didn't matter too much)

Arthur, you step out of the Inn and take a look around, spotting the temple to Tyr in the distance. It's only a few buildings away and would be a quick walk, only 5 or so minutes.

Storm

(moreso was looking on the Poster and reading it)
Arthur ponders the implications of a Cleric of Tyr as he walks towards the Temple, feeling the palpable air, and staving off the smell of rotting Fish.

Pen

The game is on!
After having picked up and read the poster she found at her feet, Akala enters the village and leaves the poster on a bench she passes by. The vibe in the village felt awfully strange, which worried Akala a great deal. Wanting to deal with the problem as soon as possible, she started searching for the office of the village leader who had made the poster. (Survival check: 15)

Libk

Akala, you talk to one of the villagers running a shop on the road, selling various fruits and vegetables from their farm, and the point you to the north side of the village. You're told that the last house on the left is the home of the Village leader, and if people need him they usually go to his home. If he isn't there he's usually found in the Inn, though lately he's been visiting the temple more often. You make your way towards the leader's home, passing a man(Arthur) who looks a little out of place in this village, clearly trying not to think of the smell of fish that was so present here.

Pen

The game is on!
Akala slows down her pace when she spots the out of place looking man. She suspected he may have also recently arrived here.

"Quite the stench, huh?" she calls to him, wearing her worried expression quite clearly. "Did you also come here to lend a hand in solving this?"

Storm

"Actually I came due to some missing Car...go" Arthur says, taken aback at this figure that stands before him
"Ahem. I thought I was in town, my thing should most likely take just the afternoon. I just need to talk to some ship hands at the docks and make sure this package heads North. I dont want to make this Employer angry. I'm Arthur Faye. I hail from Namcester. This is my third time here in Holmfirth. I dont know how the locals handle it. I wonder how long it takes to become anosmic to something"
(Medicine:17)

Pen

The game is on!
"Nice meeting you, Arthur Faye," Akala replies. "That's a funny family name you've got. I'm Akala Maka. Just got here for my first time. I wanna try to help out with the fish problem this village seems to be facing."

Storm

"Very Noble" Arthur responds "im sure the payout will be decent. Its kind of where im going too. Get two jobs in one"

Libk

Arthur, you get the feeling that, while pungent, the smell probably would not cause any loss of the sense itself. The people here are definitely used to it but still seem to be able to tell the difference between a good fish and a bad one.

After a few moments of chitchat and walking, the two of you see what appears to be a small temple, only large enough for a handful of people at a time, and a few houses down, the village leader's home.

Pen

The game is on!
"Ah, that looks about right!" Akala noted. "That over there should be the village leader's residence. I was told he spends a lot of time at home, but if I didn't find him there he would likely be at the temple. Let's try the temple first, since it's closer!"

Storm

"A Temple of Tyr... do we have anything to offfer as tribute? I heard its the roght thing to do when you go to a Temple."

Libk

"Oh. Uh... no it's not required thank you. How can we help you today?" A young human woman wearing white robes that look a but unnaturally clean approaches the two of you as you approach the temple. You also see on her a holy symbol of Tyr, a set of balanced scales resting on a warhammer..

Storm

(This Nun is too cliche in their presentation and seemed too Glinda the witch of the north in their Inflection. Is this Nun really who they proport to be?)
(INSIGHT: 5)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom