• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero of Time Bloodline

I don't remember where I heard this, but I read it on a forum. Somebody stated that Link goes on and settles down, has a few kids, so his bloodline keeps going. According to the timeline his bloodline would have to be thousands of years old, starting with Skyward sword. But correct me if I'm wrong but its just my opinion. I don't think that Link has a bloodline. I don't believe that every single hero of time is from the same blood. I know a lot of people believe this. But it just seems very unlikely to me. Because I just started playing Wind Waker for the 4th time, and the King of red lions tells Jabun that this is in fact the hero of time, and he is not in the same bloodline as the previous Hero. I know its not very good evidence, but I don't remember hearing anything about bloodline until Wind Waker. I know i have no real evidence to back up that its possible every Hero is different, but there just isn't really any evidence. Maybe with previous and future LoZ's they keep it that way so the players can use their imagination.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Somebody stated that Link goes on and settles down, has a few kids, so his bloodline keeps going.
You must have read that on a fanfiction forum. It's a popular idea among non-theorists.

According to the timeline his bloodline would have to be thousands of years old, starting with Skyward sword. But correct me if I'm wrong but its just my opinion. I don't think that Link has a bloodline.
You're right; it is never even implied, and some Links are actually stated to not be related to previous Links.

I don't believe that every single hero of time is from the same blood. I know a lot of people believe this. But it just seems very unlikely to me. Because I just started playing Wind Waker for the 4th time, and the King of red lions tells Jabun that this is in fact the hero of time, and he is not in the same bloodline as the previous Hero.
WW-Link is not the Hero of Time. The only Hero of Time is OoT/MM-Link. That is a specific title given to one person. WW-Link is dubbed the "Hero of Winds", but most Links are just heroes, or legendary heroes, etc.

I think your evidence is strong enough. It's people who maintain that all Links share the same bloodline who don't have enough evidence.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
While it isn't true for every hero, in A Link to the Past, that Link is a descendent of the Knights of Hyrule who may be descendents of previous Links. While this doesn't absolutely mean it, this is probably the closest example we have. Now it has been established that you don't need to be a descendent of Link to be the hero. In the Wind Waker, the King of the Red Lions says to Jabun that he is of no relation to the previous hero from Ocarina of Time.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
In SS it's pretty implied that LinkXZelda is the best theory (although, you know, Peatrice)
We know little about MC, but FS implies a heavy connection (though not necessarily romantic, rather, their bloodlines running parallel to each other
In OoT there is a lot of ambiguity, some say LinkXMalon, which I support, some support LinkXZelda, and LinkXRuto supporters are not lacking
ALttP can't have a connection the HoT since he died, but maybe he comes from a different line of knights, which the HoT also belongs to
LoZ Link may or be not be a descendant from ALttP Link, who knows?
TP's Link is a bit ambiguous, but it may support a LinkXMalon, FSA is ambiguous as hell
WW Link is stated to be a different Link altogether, though ST Link may be his descendant

This is just a general scheme of most mainstream theories, really the most ambiguous one is OoT's Link, there is a lot of ambiguity in the others too but this is pretty good approximation

I just though it would be a good topic to talk about because there are a lot of people who theorize about Links relations with the women of Hyrule.

Don't rrreeeaaalllyyy think that they have the same bloodline, as they all have different titles, and what you previously stated about the King of Purple Panthers(funny chuggaaconroy joke) talking to Jabun

What makes them all so similar tho? Is it the same spirit being reborn? or just by chance there happens to be loads of heros called link :P

I think I said this somewhere on this forum before..... but it is the spirit of the hero that is pasted on from Link to Link... there are some that have possible connections or some distance relations to one another ... however, there is even the conversation that the King of Red Lions has with the big fish Jabu-Jabu that the Link from WW is not related in anyways with the Hero of Time AKA the Link from OoT and MM...
The Zelda's are all related to one another... and if you into the fan theory, then Link and Zelda would be together at some times or another... but that is up to your personal imagination... :)

I like to believe that they could all be related, or not; I could believe both. It could be possible that particular Links are of a legendary kind, meaning only the Hero of Time, Hero of Men, and Hero of Winds are all related, and the others are not as important; but equally awesome. Maybe not. I'll take whatever Nintendo gives us with a grain of salt.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't remember where I heard this, but I read it on a forum. Somebody stated that Link goes on and settles down, has a few kids, so his bloodline keeps going. According to the timeline his bloodline would have to be thousands of years old, starting with Skyward sword. But correct me if I'm wrong but its just my opinion. I don't think that Link has a bloodline. I don't believe that every single hero of time is from the same blood. I know a lot of people believe this. But it just seems very unlikely to me. Because I just started playing Wind Waker for the 4th time, and the King of red lions tells Jabun that this is in fact the hero of time, and he is not in the same bloodline as the previous Hero. I know its not very good evidence, but I don't remember hearing anything about bloodline until Wind Waker. I know i have no real evidence to back up that its possible every Hero is different, but there just isn't really any evidence. Maybe with previous and future LoZ's they keep it that way so the players can use their imagination.

I always believed that all the Links couldn't have been from the same blood since they didn't mention anything about a blood line until Wind Waked. I would have tp agrre with you in this topic, plus you make some valid points that help aid in your side of the argument that could happen within a couple of posts and such, for I know there is at least one person who believes that all Links are related to each other.

I don't believe they are related to each other. The only relation I see for all the Links is the Hero's Spirit. I don't believe they are from the same blood line just that they have the Hero's Spirit.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Hmm if ganondorf actually said it was the hero of time then it could possibly prove that all ganons are the same and not reincarnated.
WW-Ganondorf is the same as OoT-Ganondorf, so I don't know how this would affect any others. Though the HH confirms that FSA-Ganondorf is a reincarnation of Tp-Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom