• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hero of Music's Photoshop Tutorial

David

But you called me here...
Alright. Since a few people were asking, I decided to make a tutorial that explains some of the techniques that I use. I decided to focus on my use of C4Ds in this tutorial. This tutorial uses Photoshop, but if you really wanted, you could give it a try in GIMP. I haven't yet, but I might later.

To get to the tutorial, click on this picture, or follow the link.
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3069/tutorial1v.jpg

G

Generations

Well, all I know is that I'm going to try and follow this tutorial because I really want to learn how to use Photoshop better. I'll post my result when it is complete.

Kybyrian

Much appreciated, HoM. Here's my final result:

FFVersusXIIIv2-1.png

I played around with the sharpen, blur, dodge, and burn tools a bit toward the end to get a desired effect. I added a light source to the top right because without it looked like the light was all funny on the left side of the image.

David

No problem Kybyrian. It looks great! If I had utilized more time, I would have played around with the final result as well. But yours is very well done. I congratulate you. You can bet that I will be making more tutorials that utilize my styles in the near future.

And @Anubis: C4Ds are computer generated images that appear to be 3-dimensional. They add really cool effects to graphics, and if used well, they can be really really useful.

G

Generations

Well here is my result. Thank for the tutorial brother.
I chose a character render from another great movie from the studio that the tutorial's render came from. Its a flying scene from Spirited Away.

PLCWc.png

Oh and @Anubis: My current sig uses C4D's as a main element, as another example for you.

David

Very nicely done Gen! And you did it all by yourself. I'm very proud. Its a pretty great first piece of art.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I don't know about a program but, everyone just gets C4D images from DeviantART, or other sites.
So you...steal? How come you dont give credit to the people that made the C4Ds? Or do they give you permission to use it by just uploading it? I dont get it, but now I know what a C4D is, thanks both Fierce Deity and HoM! :)

Kybyrian

So you...steal? How come you dont give credit to the people that made the C4Ds? Or do they give you permission to use it by just uploading it? I dont get it, but now I know what a C4D is, thanks both Fierce Deity and HoM! :)

Most people allow people to use their C4Ds in various creations without credit, which is why signature tutorials(the website both HoM and I got our C4D images from) has a C4D package available for download with various wireframe, effect, lighting effect, and C4D images. They're made to add "flow" to a signature. If you ever decide to use a C4D, by the way, and it has a dark background(they are usually black if not transparent) then set the layer to "Lighten" and the black background goes away, though leaves parts of the C4D transparent, but still very usable.

David

They are made by a program. If you really want, you can find the program and make your own if you want to and have the time. I used to know the name of it, but I don't anymore. I'm pretty sure that they explain it over at SigTutorials.

And @ Kybrian, usually if you set the Magic Wand tool to 0 tolerance, you can get rid of that completely black background.

[EDIT] The program is called Cinematic. You can find it on the internet. The Demo is more than enough to make C4Ds with. But that's only if you want to make them. You can always find tons on the internet.

Anubis

The most inactive active
Hmm, I dont think Ill be using C4Ds its just like the most brushes you can download I think it is kind of...cheating. XD But thats just what I think, great tutorial now Ill stop bothering you guys. :)

Kybyrian

And @ Kybrian, usually if you set the Magic Wand tool to 0 tolerance, you can get rid of that completely black background.

Mostly, but not completely. You'd still have to adjust the layer settings to keep some black parts that are left. That won't get rid of all of it, especially in the ones I happen to be a fan of.

David

Mostly, but not completely. You'd still have to adjust the layer settings to keep some black parts that are left. That won't get rid of all of it, especially in the ones I happen to be a fan of.

Another way is to get rid of the "Alpha Channel" in the channel tab located to the layers tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom