• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Hero Mode - Your Thoughts

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Blah blah blah, I want to hear your opinion on Wind Waker HD's Hero Mode. The official list of changes:
- Everything deals double damage
- Hearts can be recovered only via potions/soup
- You can switch it on and off at will

My opinion is pretty negative, but I'll save it for later. :)

It's a good try, but it doesn't really do much if you hardly need to worry about getting hit in the first place.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Haven't done it yet. LPing on normal mode first...and I want to get used to these controls. The Gamepad is huuuuge...

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Meh, it's not perfect but for those who need some sort of challenge and actually do get hit now and then it seems like it'll be pretty good. I've been developing a new opinion on which direction they should be taking with the Hero modes, but thats for a new thread. Regardless, I think that Wind Wakers will be good, although I don't like that you can switch it on and off at will, I think we would be better served to have to stick with it the whole way through. That's a downgrade from SS. However, I heard that you can start with Hero mode right from the start, but, I don't see that in Ventus's list of confirmed things... If that is true, good. I think that's something that should've been in SS, but still, to have that in Wind Waker would be really good.

Haven't done it yet. LPing on normal mode first...and I want to get used to these controls. The Gamepad is huuuuge...

Channel?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It's something. :P It's just an additional feature that doesn't at all negatively impact the game so there's no bad to having it. But, it's not like it'll suddenly make the game difficult really, but I appreciate Nintendo at least trying to harden up there games at least somewhat. And as I said, it's a free additional feature, so even if I hated it, hardly something to complain about.

I'll probably play on Hero Mode, anyway. Might offer some challenge. But my opinion's just indifference really. No different to a game putting in a Hard mode, and I wouldn't have any real opinion on that either. It's just a difficulty mode. :P

Mido

Version 1
Meh, it's not perfect but for those who need some sort of challenge and actually do get hit now and then it seems like it'll be pretty good. I've been developing a new opinion on which direction they should be taking with the Hero modes, but thats for a new thread. Regardless, I think that Wind Wakers will be good, although I don't like that you can switch it on and off at will, I think we would be better served to have to stick with it the whole way through. That's a downgrade from SS. However, I heard that you can start with Hero mode right from the start, but, I don't see that in Ventus's list of confirmed things... If that is true, good. I think that's something that should've been in SS, but still, to have that in Wind Waker would be really good.

That's an interesting point you make there, it seems awkward that Hero Mode could be switched at will like that. As I continue my wait for the physical copies, I have been wondering about Hero Mode. Since many have deemed WW to be "too easy" in general, it should be a welcome addition to my own experience of my favorite Zelda game. (In reference to my own anticipation of waiting for the game to release in stores.)

S

strongzelda

Interesting...

I think Normal mode was to easy, I mean i think i only died once in the game. Honostly I think it would be pretty nice. because i love Wind Waker. Real gamers would want to take on the competition. I mean come on, lets try it! Because "some" of us would think that it would ruin the game.. But in the original game, after you beat the game you get to stat another without Link having his clothes and already with the color picto box. But Hero Mode? Thats different... I want to try it. :)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Hero Mode does nothing to raise the difficulty...but I notice they made some of the enemies faster and more aggressive in general, so that's a plus.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TWWHD's Hero Mode is pathetic. The double damage aspect makes the game more even actually; in a regular run, Link is simply overpowered thanks to the abysmal damage that enemies deal. However, taking 1/2 a heart's worth of damage is still nothing to brag about. In a series filled with difficulty levels, I find Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix to be the cornerstone of difficulty. Taking double damage is meaningless if you still won't die often. However, if enemies are allowed to one-shot-kill you thanks to the amount of damage they deal to you in that higher difficulty, then it's something to run home and brag about.

Not finding hearts on the ground or in pots is nothing thanks to the poor damage ratio. Again, if there was actual danger in the game, then not finding hearts would be significant. But hey, I can still take around six hits on HM so it's no biggie :3
-------
So my improvements would be to make the double damage aspect not be double damage, but instead an even higher ratio. Hero Mode as it is should've been the standard damage ratio, IMO. :/
Keep the no hearts dealio as a part of Hero Mode, not the regular playthrough.

"I wonder what intelligent responses will be posted in this topic!" I whisper to myself as I click the link.

...LOLtypicalpoorarguments

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I always enjoy a challenge. While Wind Waker's Hero mode may not be the hardest one, it still is pretty rough and it gives a new feel to this game I have always loved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom