• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Hepl Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so most of you who know me know who Huey is. For those of you who don't, Huey is my computer. Anyways... I've been using Firefox 3 as my internet browser for at least the last two years. It has served me well for what I needed it for, however, it has gotten to the point where it's not going to be supported much longer. So I decided to get Chrome. I was worried that it would be mean to Huey, but he seems to be handling it pretty well for his age.

Anyways... I've used Chrome at school and on my mom's laptop, but I finally got the chance to familiarize myself with it. I'm pretty impressed. But... of course, there is one thing that bothers me and I'm wondering if someone could point me to an add-on that would correct it for me: the title bar (that's the bar at the top of the window with the minimize, maximize, and close buttons). Huey has Windows XP. Google Chrome's title bar mimics that of the aero themes in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

So, is there any way I could perhaps make it mimic the Royale Noire theme I use for Huey? I know it's a silly thing to be bothered by, and I could probably learn to tolerate it, but I like my XP title bars. Any hepl is appreciated. ;j

Not entirely sure, but I think Chrome has an options under Preferences -> Personal Stuff -> Appearance, that lets you select whether you want Chrome's built in borders, or to inherit the system's window borders. Checking the option for Inheriting the system border should change it to your system's current theme.

Not entirely sure, but I think Chrome has an options under Preferences -> Personal Stuff -> Appearance, that lets you select whether you want Chrome's built in borders, or to inherit the system's window borders. Checking the option for Inheriting the system border should change it to your system's current theme.
Sadly, it appears this version doesn't offer that. I know Skype did, and I had it set there until it grew to be mean towards Huey, of course. I did find a theme for Chrome that at least gave the title bar the style of my Royale Noire theme, but the buttons are still aero-ish. [Yes, I know... the buttons! Not the buttons!] I do like my current Chrome theme over the one I linked, so I may be able to learn to tolerate it, but it might take a while. Thanks anyway, Kit Kat. :>

David

But you called me here...
Sorry, but you're going to have to deal with these different window bars. Google dropped support for that quite some time ago. You could probably find a good looking theme that matches the scheme that you've got going on the rest of the computer. Wish I could help further.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I have utterly no comprehension of what you're looking for, but there are ways you could make your own themes for Chrome's tabs, the buttons, and everything other than that, basically. My prescribed method is an extension known as Theme Creator. It allows you to customize the color scheme of everything around the search bar, and even the New Tab pages. Additionally, you can upload pictures to set as the backgrounds, which works almost exactly like setting themes. You'd only have to Google and hunt down a Royale Noire image and set that, or modify the image to get the pattern placement right, and then set it.

I hope this is what you were looking for. If not, then I'm afraid I can't be of any help. Two gents who know a lot more about computers than myself have already verified that what your looking for is outdated(?). However, I hope you will find the suggestion above a suitable replacement.

Rachel

be vigitant
If you don't want to make one, you could also choose from a number of preexisting themes here.

There might be one that fits the color scheme and style you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom