• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Helper Peoples in Zelda

For anyone who hasn't completed SS, TP, or OoT, there may be spoilers for the ending.

Well, I don't know if I'm copying something but I just got an idea. I started thinking as I just finished skyward sword that all of the people that follow you like fi and midna go away at the end to some where you can't get to then. Like fi went to sleep in the masters sword forever, Midna shatered the mirror so now one could follow, and I'm not sure because I haven't played it yet but in oot navi disapears or something at the end. I don't know if I'm being stupid or not but I just wanted to see if I was the only one who thought this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not all too sure about Navi disappearing:
Navi doesn't exactly disappear, though it is implied she completely left Link due to his journey finally being over.

Fi rests within the Master Sword.

Navi's whereabouts remain unknown, but what's for certain is that she left after Link completed his exploits in Hyrule.

Midna reverts to her normal self, after the "curse" on her was lifted. She then returns to the Twilight Realm.

The companion characters depart at the end of their adventure because they are no longer needed. Peace has been restored and the purpose they set out to accomplish achieved. Fi aided Link in locating Zelda and acted as a buffer against Demise's revival; Midna sought to restore her throne in the Twilight Realm by reassembling the fused shadows; Navi was employed by the Great Deku Tree to seek out Ganondorf and prevent the Gerudo madman from enacting his own world of madness.

As for your uncertainty, Navi disappears through a window in the Temple of Time at Ocarina of Time's end. This same passage leads to the dungeon portion of the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess.

--And it happens with the King of Red Lions in The Wind Waker, and Ciela in Phantom Hourglass...

I think it's just a Nintendo thing. They're just all weird like that. If someone ever says that The Legend of Zelda is repetitive, here is your evidence. And this isn't the only example of that. How about... "you have to collect the three x, which represent Power, Wisdom and Courage!" (A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword...) or "Link sets off on his quest due to someone close to him getting endangered!" (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword...)

Nintendo just seems to have a formula and enjoys sticking to it. And this isn't just present in The Legend of Zelda series, either. But, technically, every video game series is like this--no matter the developer, so... it's just weird that way.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
You're right, the companion almost always disappears or leaves Link in some way.

Fi sleeps forever in the Master Sword

Navi leaves Link (don't know where she goes)

Tatl stays with the Skull Kid while you venture off

Midna returns to the twilight realm and breaks the mirror

Ezlo returns to his regular form and leaves you

King of Red Lions (K of Hyrule) stays with Hyrule as it is flooded

Ciela leaves you (i guess. we were leaving anyways)

Spirit Zelda is the only one that really stays. However she still reverts to her normal form and doesn't follow you around anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom