• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Help

dtc

If you have done all test od strength shrines of one kind you can't fight that type of guardian again? or they respawn?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
They respawn, you might have to wait for a blood moon though. I know I farmed for parts using the one on the great plateau from the champions ballad.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Theres 6 Giant cores in various shrine chests, Skywatchers and Stalkers are the only ones who can drop Giant Cores you won't find them from scouts or trial guardians. Note it is stalkers not damaged Guardians that drop this.

dtc

Theres 6 Giant cores in various shrine chests, Skywatchers and Stalkers are the only ones who can drop Giant Cores you won't find them from scouts or trial guardians. Note it is stalkers not damaged Guardians that drop this.
thx but is there any way to farm them fast? because i sometimes defeat lots of guardians but still no core (and they were guardian stalkers)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
thx but is there any way to farm them fast? because i sometimes defeat lots of guardians but still no core (and they were guardian stalkers)

The Giant Cores are probs the biggest hold up in the game, they are fairly rare and only drop from those two enemies (probably more common via the skywatchers) I'd say just get the 6 cores from the shrine chests as those are enough to max the Ancient Armor.

There is sadly no fast way of farming the Giant Cores save for getting very efficient at slaying Stalkers and Skywatchers.

dtc

The Giant Cores are probs the biggest hold up in the game, they are fairly rare and only drop from those two enemies (probably more common via the skywatchers) I'd say just get the 6 cores from the shrine chests as those are enough to max the Ancient Armor.

There is sadly no fast way of farming the Giant Cores save for getting very efficient at slaying Stalkers and Skywatchers.
fricc i have spent all the cores in chests in ancient shields

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You can buy them from Teli. You can find him at Hateno but he's also seen at Dual Peaks stable. The merchants seem to seel more rare items when it's raining though. So the chances to buy an ancient core from him might be higher when it's raining.
Another way to collect them is to go to Hyrule Castle. Kill all enemies including all guardians and watchers. You might end up with a couple of cores. Blood Moons won't happen when you're at the Castle. Leave the Castle after you've killed everything and return after a Blood Moon happens. Might take longer but at least you've got a couple of Ancient Cores

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You can buy them from Teli. You can find him at Hateno but he's also seen at Dual Peaks stable. The merchants seem to seel more rare items when it's raining though. So the chances to buy an ancient core from him might be higher when it's raining.
Another way to collect them is to go to Hyrule Castle. Kill all enemies including all guardians and watchers. You might end up with a couple of cores. Blood Moons won't happen when you're at the Castle. Leave the Castle after you've killed everything and return after a Blood Moon happens. Might take longer but at least you've got a couple of Ancient Cores

Do they sell Giant Ancient Cores? Cuz that would've saved some effort for me

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Do they sell Giant Ancient Cores? Cuz that would've saved some effort for me
That's the thing. It depends on the weather. I haven't bought anything from him when I came across him but he sells ancient cores on rare occassions. Some people said he sold multiple ancient cores and others said they could only buy one.

dtc

That's the thing. It depends on the weather. I haven't bought anything from him when I came across him but he sells ancient cores on rare occassions. Some people said he sold multiple ancient cores and others said they could only buy one.
So rain is actually useful... Btw how much do they cost? (although ill probably have more than enough rupees)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom