• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Help with New Laptop

Jedizora

:right:
Hey, guys. I just got a new laptop. I was starting it up for the first time, and it gave me the option to connect it to the internet. I put in the password, and it started to connect to our wireless network. However, after 5-10 seconds, it said "connection attempt failed" I tried entering the password 3 more times, with no success. What do I do? Oh, and its a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7.

Last edited:

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Make sure caps lock isn't on, these passwords are case sensitive. Ask whoever set the password if they changed it recently, make sure your wireless card is on. If all that fails try downloading the latest drivers for your laptop from the dell website and put them on a flash drive and install on your laptop. If that fails you may have got a lemon and need to talk to dell

^ That's pretty good advice.
If none of that works, then maybe the problem is with the wireless network. Sometimes mine acts weird and won't let anything online. Usually it's because some cord got pulled out. Make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

Last edited:

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Actually while your checking the cords like S.Mario said reboot your router keep it off for about 30 seconds then turn it back on.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Actually while your checking the cords like S.Mario said reboot your router keep it off for about 30 seconds then turn it back on.

Exactly what I was about to say. Also make sure that your modem/router security allows for your new laptop (some have specific security settings that affect newly connected devices.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom