• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Help With Fishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am having some trouble fishing in Ocarina of Time. I can get the huge fish to get on my line, but I just can't seem to pull it in. Can someone explain to me how to use the control stick to help me pull it in?

Do what the Fisherman tells you to do. When the fish jumps let go but not when it is really close and just jumping. I pull in the opposite direction of the fish's movement so that there is the most tension. The big fish is by the log so get fishing.

Nicole

luke is my wife
This thread is better suited in Zelda Game Help, so it's been moved there.

~Thread Moved~

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Do you have a rumble pack? It helps with fishing. Also, pull back and press A or B I forgot :P Do you mean Hylian Loach? You need to find the lure for that.

The part with the lilly pads go there and aim for the log.Almost on the log then if it is 18 feet or longer bring her in.Same goes for young link.Go right to lilly pads and fish at the log.

Do what the Fisherman tells you to do. When the fish jumps let go but not when it is really close and just jumping. I pull in the opposite direction of the fish's movement so that there is the most tension. The big fish is by the log so get fishing.

Actually, I pull in the same direction that the fish is pulling, and I tend to catch even the big ones easily and quickly. You can try both methods (I have never tried pulling opposite the fish...I'm going to go play some OoT now), but I have had a lot of success with mine.

Here's the best way. You have to tease the big fish into biting your hook, so if you get about the right distance from him, as you reel in the hook by moving the lure, he will follow the line right to your feet, and if you time it well, he'll bite so close to you that when you pull back the pole he will be caught instantly without you even having to reel him in. This is how I do it on every playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom