• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Help! What is the meaning of this crest from The Legend of Zelda?

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
I thought it was a Skyward Sword exclusive crest (can be seen on Zelda's sailcloth, on Gaepora's garments and on Zelda's apron), but I've also seen it on Twilight Princess Zelda's dress as well.

So I would like to know, is this Zelda's family crest (something apart from the Royal Crest)?
What is the meaning behind it?

zeldasymbol.jpg

Please let me know!

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
Thank you for the fast replies! I tried looking for the meaning everywhere online, but couldn't find anything. I had my suspicions that it was simply a variation of the Hylian/Royal Family crest, since Zelda and her father were the only ones I saw bearing the image.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I also think it's just the Hylian crest. I presume it was originally a symbol of the goddess Hylia, since it appears in SS. But when Link and Zelda went to earth to form the Royal Family, the design changed to include the Loftwing to represent their past as citizens of Skyloft.

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
Hmmm... I thought about that, but since I saw the crest on Twilight Princess Zelda's dress, it got me confused, since SS came out after TP.

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
Oh, I've certainly noticed that! But I know the meaning of those crests, it's just this one that has me stumped, since I've only noticed it where I've stated before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom