• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help HELP.. Stuck in Shadow Temple

K

Katilea

Hi

Not sure where to post this but you can move post if its not in right place.

I have Zelda OOT on 3DS and I'm stuck in shadow temple. I have mild co-ordination difficulties and using Nintendo as like rehab to improve it. However I cannot get past the guillotines in the shadow temple (after the wallmaster comes down on you)

I found a longshot target off to the side so you can skip the first guillotine and come in front of the slower second one which is fine but then I can't get past the third.

I noticed if I stand on top of longshot target to side you can see with lens of truth, two platforms.. I tried jumping to nearest but its two far. I can get the longshot to target on the wooden poles that appear to be in mid-air but once I'm there Link just drops down to the bottom .. how do I climb to the top of that pole and jump on the moving platform to avoid all the guillotines?

I made it once to the boat and near boss level but all my lives were gone by the time I got there. I made warp point with Faeroes wind on the platform just next to where boat sinks and went to get more lives and magic but when tried to get back the warp point didn't work and have had to start from beginning of shadow temple! I'm still using over half my lives trying to get past the fast guillotines and floating platforms).

I thought there must be another way as there's that longshot just off the second platform??

Thanks

Kati

OK well seeing as i do not know exactly where you are i will take a stab at it. i assume that you went through a long corrador with guillotines and into a larger room that also has guillotins (green path). if you follow this path out and avoid the guillotines then you get to a platform and a stalfos appears (green Path). Dispatch the stalfos and head to the right (from when you originally jump to the stalfos platform). if you use your lens of truth you will see platforms that rise and fall. proceed to cross this and you will get to an area with a beamos and spike sliders with silver rupees (yellow path). obtain the rupees and proceed to the door it opens. in the the room use the lens of truth to find a block in the wall and use the block to stop the spiked falling things (black path). once you obtain the item in the room leave and go back to the spike sliders. now use the lens of truth and you will find that at the outer edge of the current platform there is a small path follow it out and you will reach a solid platform (purple path). use the lens of truth and find the other missing platforms and proceed to the door (red path).

i hope that this is what you were looking for if not just message me and i will help you out further.

Map_ShadowTemple3.jpg

(just click on the picture to enlarge it)

K

Katilea

OK well seeing as i do not know exactly where you are i will take a stab at it. i assume that you went through a long corrador with guillotines and into a larger room that also has guillotins (green path). if you follow this path out and avoid the guillotines then you get to a platform and a stalfos appears (green Path). Dispatch the stalfos and head to the right (from when you originally jump to the stalfos platform). if you use your lens of truth you will see platforms that rise and fall. proceed to cross this and you will get to an area with a beamos and spike sliders with silver rupees (yellow path). obtain the rupees and proceed to the door it opens. in the the room use the lens of truth to find a block in the wall and use the block to stop the spiked falling things (black path). once you obtain the item in the room leave and go back to the spike sliders. now use the lens of truth and you will find that at the outer edge of the current platform there is a small path follow it out and you will reach a solid platform (purple path). use the lens of truth and find the other missing platforms and proceed to the door (red path).

i hope that this is what you were looking for if not just message me and i will help you out further.

View attachment 29278

(just click on the picture to enlarge it)

I'm not sure how to message.. only just joined this forum today!

I have managed to get past this part once but by the time I go to the bit where the boat sinks I have run out of lives to fight the boss! I had tried to make a warp point it did the animation of green circle above Link but after returning to temple of time and getting more lives and magic I found I could not go back to the same spot as the warp spot didn't work. So had to start from the beginning of the temple again.

I am trying to find a way of preserving lives by getting around the guillotines. As I said there is a longshot target to the right of the second guillotine (leading to the stalfos) which can be reached by carefully going along the ledge where the wallmaster hand came down on you (in front of first fast guillotine) I was just wondering if there was a way to bypass the next two guillotines and the stalfos?

I don't need to go near the beamos at the bottom again (or off to the left of the stalfos) as I have got all the chests/skulltullas up to the point where the boat sinks.

Thanks again

Kati

p. s which guide are you using which colour codes the paths?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't really know a path to get around all three guillotines, so I just go through them all. First, I wait for the Wallmaster to come down, kill it, then equip the Hover Boots. You'll want to time it right, so as soon as the guillotine rises up -- run. Do this for all three guillotines. The last one is tricky, you have to be careful. I believe there's a single Bubble that tries to attack you. Use arrows or your shield to defeat it. Next, get another running start. This guillotine is faster than the others (right?), so as soon as it leaves the floor, run through. You should make it just in time to reach the ledge with the Beamos (or was it the Stalfos?).

I really hope this helped! I should replay the Shadow Temple again. XD

You can always check out ZeldaDungeon's Video Walkthrough, which you can find right here!

K

Katilea

ahh! you're meant to do it with the hover boots on? do you take a running start from end of platform or start off just in front of the blade?

I was starting just in front as soon as it was going back up but its still knocking me off the end. If wait till its at top it comes down too fast. I didn't realise I was meant to use the Hover boots here though!

whislt I'm here whats quickest way to kill the stalfos they are taking loads of my hearts and was only left with one and half by time I'd got off the boat (and start with like 16!) :S

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
ahh! you're meant to do it with the hover boots on? do you take a running start from end of platform or start off just in front of the blade?

I was starting just in front as soon as it was going back up but its still knocking me off the end. If wait till its at top it comes down too fast. I didn't realise I was meant to use the Hover boots here though!

whislt I'm here whats quickest way to kill the stalfos they are taking loads of my hearts and was only left with one and half by time I'd got off the boat (and start with like 16!) :S

Yeah, the Hover Boots are the dungeon item for a reason. Start running as soon as the blade rises up from the ground.

For the Stalfos, use your shield wisely. As soon as it takes it's arm back to attack, slash him. Otherwise circle him with your shield up. :)

K

Katilea

Yeah, the Hover Boots are the dungeon item for a reason. Start running as soon as the blade rises up from the ground.

For the Stalfos, use your shield wisely. As soon as it takes it's arm back to attack, slash him. Otherwise circle him with your shield up. :)

Thanks I'll have another go later. I don't remember hover boots been on N64 version? Mind you its many years since I played it on the N64.. lol!

The video/cut scenes are really good in 3D!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Thanks I'll have another go later. I don't remember hover boots been on N64 version? Mind you its many years since I played it on the N64.. lol!

The video/cut scenes are really good in 3D!

Ocarina of Time 3D is exactly the same as Ocarina of Time for N64. There is nothing different besides the graphical aspect. The Hover Boots were in the original version of the game, and always have been. They have the same function as well.

And yes, yes they do. :)

K

Katilea

I've just been watching the video. I tried to do warp point just before that door on the platform after jumped off the ship but it didnt work. Do they only work in specific points?

I got passed the guillotines and just about to set off on the boat. Hope there's more hearts somewhere before I get to the boss.. lol! I didn't get biggerons sword either so hope I don't need it for this boss. I got to nearly getting back to the Goron but ran out of time and it restarted back at king zora so had to turn off for it to restart somewhere else! .. is there a way to turn the timer off? or warp nearer?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've just been watching the video. I tried to do warp point just before that door on the platform after jumped off the ship but it didnt work. Do they only work in specific points?

I got passed the guillotines and just about to set off on the boat. Hope there's more hearts somewhere before I get to the boss.. lol! I didn't get biggerons sword either so hope I don't need it for this boss. I got to nearly getting back to the Goron but ran out of time and it restarted back at king zora so had to turn off for it to restart somewhere else! .. is there a way to turn the timer off? or warp nearer?

You need to enter through the door for it to work.

You don't need the Biggoron's Sword whatsoever. It's completely optional, but very useful. You are not allowed to warp and you cannot turn off the timer. A great way to save several seconds is to plant a Magic Bean in the soft soil spot near the entrance to Dodongo's Cavern. In addition to that, use Epona to dash across Hyrule Field. Don't completely use all the carrots, otherwise she'll go slow while trying to regain them all. Does this help?

Walkthrough can be found here

K

Katilea

Thanks well I made it to the boss door!! Can I put a warp point here right outside?

I got 8 and half hearts left filled at top, one bottle of red recovery potion and a bottle of green magic recovery potion will that be enough to beat it?

I won't bother with biggerons sword then if I don't need it, I think you can buy it from somewhere too?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Thanks well I made it to the boss door!! Can I put a warp point here right outside?

I got 8 and half hearts left filled at top, one bottle of red recovery potion and a bottle of green magic recovery potion will that be enough to beat it?

I won't bother with biggerons sword then if I don't need it, I think you can buy it from somewhere too?

I believe so, not sure though.

Depends if he's difficult for you or not, but it sounds good.

You can purchase the Giant's Knife from Medigoron for 200 Rupees in Goron City. Unlike the Biggoron's Sword, this one will break after a few slashes. Advantages? It's stronger than the Master Sword.

K

Katilea

it wouldnt let me make a warp point just before going down to boss. I had use extra bottles in first few minutes and its started me at beginning of temple again so having to warp back to temple of time and change to kid so can get more potions etc from town.

I try again tomorrow cos getting frustrated with it now this is 4th time from beginning of this temple! I don't remember this one at all from the original N64 version must have missed it completely!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
it wouldnt let me make a warp point just before going down to boss. I had use extra bottles in first few minutes and its started me at beginning of temple again so having to warp back to temple of time and change to kid so can get more potions etc from town.

I try again tomorrow cos getting frustrated with it now this is 4th time from beginning of this temple! I don't remember this one at all from the original N64 version must have missed it completely!

1.) There's a potion shop in Kakariko Village as an Adult. I recommend using that. They offer Fairies for 50 Rupees. For me, fairies are much more useful than potions.
2.)Make sure your magic meter is FULL! If not, get some magic jars from either grass or pots.
3.)Another thing, the room before the actual boss room? Yeah, that door. Use Farore's Wind there.

Yes, the hover boots are required for the Shadow Temple, and it makes use of them throughout the dungeon. If you are having problems reaching areas, it most likely is because you need to equip the hover boots. If you are having problems, Zeldadungeon has great walkthroughs; they are up at the top of the page, separated by game. If you click OoT a menu will appear, click walkthrough and I'm sure you can find the part where you are at and having trouble. ZD's walkthroughs are awesome, and very complete... It will have all the info you need for a 100% complete game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom