• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Help Me Beat Gomess in Majoras Mask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeroOfCourage

Im doing a MEGA three heart challenge in majora which means 3 hearts(duh).No masks or items that arent necessary. no bigger bags or quiver.Also im sticking with the kokiri sword and finally no stray fairy upgrades.What a challenge am i right?Anyways i am hopeing if anyone can help me beat gomess in Stone tower temple.Im so far i dont want to give up now!Please help if possible thanks.

Yeah I can help with this, since I actually beat Gomess doing exactly the same thing. I didn't even use bottles except the single one that is required to complete the game.

Your biggest problem is running out of magic power. Light Arrows are necessary to beat him but they use up 4 MP if I recall, making them costly. Without Green Potions or at least a doubled Magic Meter you're in trouble. What you're going to have to do is block 90% of the time, and only attack when you've got a clear opening. Using your shield perpetually. When you have the opportunity, slash his body with your sword to kills bats. Sometimes they drop Magic Bottles, or possibly even Hearts (I don't recall for sure on the hearts though). You can use the normal bow to kill the bats for items too, but you also don't want to run out of arrows, so the sword is better.

Play defensively and continually replenish your magic. You can also use the crates in the corners as a few of them have hearts, though not many. Good luck, and if you still can't do it tell me exactly where the problem is and I'll see if I can help more. ;)

H

HeroOfCourage

I was doing the exact same way you were descibing and i ran out of magic and had like half a heart with no arrows.So i thought i was doomed but i decided to use my hook shot.whenever you kill 4 bats with it he suddenly exposes his weak point making me able to hit his weak point.i did that twice and he died.Thanks for the help:)Also on another note i beaten twinmmold by going berserk with my sword and then when i was almost done for i would drink some milk.All i gotta do now is kill majora and i can move on to a twilight Mega 3 heart challenge with the zora armor:D

Watch lleeoo2010's videos on Youtube. He's done minimalist 3-heart runs for a ton of Zelda games, watching him do it should help.

If I remember correctly, he didn't do 101% minimalist for Majora's Mask though... he got an extra bottle or two filled with Green Potion for Gomess and Twinmold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom