• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Help in OOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suz39

I made up the song as a child then went back and ativated it as an adult, he even said play the song and my brother will appear but when I play it, it shows on the staff that it's been played but brother scarecrow doesn't show up.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
You have to play the Scarecrow song in specific locations. They are hard to spot, but the most noticable sign is that Navi will turn green for no apparent reason. You can then play the Scarecrow song and the brother will appear, then you can either hookshot or longshot him and you'll generally be rewarded with secrets.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Usually, when there is a distant ledge, Navi would fly to it. As angelkid said, she'll turn green. Face that direction and play the scarecrow's song, and the scarecrow should appear. Two places, for example, where the scarecrow appears are the Gerudo Fortress and the Shadow Temple.

S

suz39

scarecrow help in oot

Navi did fly up and turn green on ledge in D.Cavern, played song but no scarecrow. Could see Skulltula up there but couldn't get to him.

S

suz39

OOT Shortcuts?

I got all the way to the Flare Dancers then died. I am back at beginning of Temple of Fire. Any shortcuts to get back to where I died?
Thanks

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, any place where you had to get a key, you no longer have to go there. The doors will no longer be locked (Unless you reset the game), so you can easily slip by. However, the Fire Temple is one of those temples where it is difficult to save and quit unless you want to go through half of the dungeon. A lot of the dungeons in OoT are pretty straight forward, except for the parts in which you must risk life and limb for a key. So, pretty much, there aren't shortcuts, just skipping the parts already done.

S

suz39

OK, thanks. I was hopeing I didn't have to go thru the whole thing again since I have done it a couple of times already and lose half my health getting there.

One of the Gorons tells you to play Ocarina if you have trouble getting to a location on map. How does that work?

Last edited by a moderator:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well I believe that they're talking about Zelda's Lullaby. You have to use that song to get to certain areas in the game where there's a triforce symbol.

But at the same time there's a song called the Scarecrow's Song (a song that you make up in the game) that allows you to get to hard-to-reach places if you use it correctly.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Not to mention, when it comes to the shadow temple, you have to play the Nocturne of Shadow to get in, also, in order to go back to the Desert Temple thing as a child, you have to play that song.. I forgot both the song name and the temple name.. =[

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
For the Scacarow's song, get your ocarina as a kid and go to Lake Hylia. Talk to the lower one and get out your ocarina. Make up your own song. As an adult, come back to that Scacarow and play the song. When he says his brother will appear, then that means you activated it. Good luck!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
heres what you do. First find a spot where navi flies to and glows green. Next play the scarecrow song. If a scarecrow doesn't show up then play the song of time and a time block will appear. Also if there's a time block in your way play the song of time to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom