• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Help beating gannon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question about Deku tree when you go pass the spiders on the ledge and you go into the room how many times do you have to hit the plant that throws the fire balls before it dies so you get get threw the door the fairy says you can't open it with your hands

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Just z focus on him and hold your shield and when he spit the ball towards you it will hit your shield and directly bounces back and hit him instead. Then go to him and he will kinda appologize and leave. After this you can go through the door.

Ok, I've beaten this guy like a million times.... I'm not even kidding. I can beat this buy with my eyes closed, both arms tied behind my back, while having my hair pulled out by a pack of raging squirrels on steroids without losing a single heart or using any magic potions. But when I'm trying a 3 Heart Challenge, I can't for the life of me manage to beat this guy. It's driving me CRAZY!!!!

I get to the second phase of the battle (when you get the Master Sword back) and he seems to have INFINITE life! No matter how many times I hit him, he never goes down! I use up all my 20 Deku Nuts and 20 Bombs before switching to my Light Arrows/ Megaton Hammer Jump Attack combo, running through four full extended magic meters' worth of Light Arrows (two Green Potions, plus a refill using the ruins' drops), and 80 Arrows, well maybe about 20 actually being used to hit his Tail to directly cause damage. When I finally run out of equipment, I die to his one-hit-killing swings trying to use my hookshot or rolling through his legs.
I'm absolutely dumbfounded by how much damage he's taking. On all the other times I've fought him, I never remember this battle taking SO long.

I kind of had a crazy idea occur to me: what if the Master Sword HAD to be used to defeat him in the battle? I always use items like Deku Nuts, Arrows, or the Megaton Hammer to attack his Tail, since actually using the Master Sword seems like a waste seeing as how the Hammer deals twice the damage. I think this is implausible, because I know I've beaten him using only the Biggoron Sword on files where I have it. But still for some reason I get a feeling like he shouldn't be taking so much damage.

If anyone can help me with this dilemma, I'd be very grateful. This one battle is all that's keeping me from completing my first 3 Heart Challenge!

You need to use the Master Sword to kill Ganon. For the second round you have to use the Master Sword or all your attacks will be pointless.

You need to use the Master Sword to kill Ganon. For the second round you have to use the Master Sword or all your attacks will be pointless.

So it is true you need to MS to kill him? I was starting to think so when I tried it and well it worked haha. I didn't know if it was just coincidence or not. The thing is I've never seen that in any guide or anything I thought it would have been mentioned at least somewhere....

W

wherestheblanke

I know that I've used the biggoron sword the entire time just rolling through his legs, have you tried doing it again on one of your other accounts and clocked it? That could work. If that still dont work man I have no idea what to tell you :(

that is kind of odd...i would just keep trying and eventually you might get in a groove and find a good way to attack him efficently and without hurting yourself then after a painstaking 20ish tries you might get him...

P.S. you could use the bottle glitch to turn unessesary items into bottles to hold more magic potion...that may help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom