• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heights of LoZ characters?

Perhaps we can scale BotW Link from this ARTWORK.

This is going to be crazy. Buckle your seat belts cause we're entering Rainbow Road! :gletsgo:

First I need to stablish Mario height as 100 cm or 3'3. I've compared him to New Donk City elements and reached this conclusion. More details HERE.

If Mario is 100 cm tall, that makes Ganon 240 cm or 7'9 in this OFFICIAL CHART I've also scaled. ALttP Link is 135 or 4'4 cm by the way (the same height as the Hero of Twilight).

In The Legend of Zelda (NES) Link is half Ganon sprite, whom looks the SAME as his ALttP version even though the model is less detailed due to graphic limitations.

Ganon: 32 pixels = 240 cm
Link: 16 pixels = 120 cm or 3'11

Using this value in the artwork above BotW Link is 160 cm or 5'2 tall.

Ps.: It can be argued Classic Link was supposed to be the same height as his counterpart from ALttP (135 cm). If that's the case, BotW Link would be 180 cm or 5'9 tall. I think 160 cm is more consistent though.

That's an interesting bit of reading, but you've made a mistake regarding some conversations of metric to imperial. For example, 180cm is not 5'9, it's actually 5'11. 175cm is more around the 5'9 figure. To be specific, of course, 180.34cm is 5'11, 180cm is a bit under 5'11.

I always assumed Link, as a teenager, would be as tall as 5'8. He appears that tall proportionally in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. In Ocarina of Time, he can seem between 5'6 to 5'7. I heard one argument stipulating that if the Gerudo, who are 8ft tall, are twice Link's height, then Link in Breath of the Wild must be 6'0.

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
That's an interesting bit of reading, but you've made a mistake regarding some conversations of metric to imperial. For example, 180cm is not 5'9, it's actually 5'11. 175cm is more around the 5'9 figure. To be specific, of course, 180.34cm is 5'11, 180cm is a bit under 5'11.

I always assumed Link, as a teenager, would be as tall as 5'8. He appears that tall proportionally in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. In Ocarina of Time, he can seem between 5'6 to 5'7. I heard one argument stipulating that if the Gerudo, who are 8ft tall, are twice Link's height, then Link in Breath of the Wild must be 6'0.
Thanks for the correction. I'm not really used to feet, in my country the main unit is meters. I just tried to add both to make things easy for american readers.
But is there any official statement about Gerudo height? Or people say it just based on Ganondorf being 230 cm tall?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

6'0 is not half 8'0. If an 8ft Gerudo is twice links height then he would be 4ft.

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
I don't know about that. If you see that momentary still shot of Link and Zelda both looking at Ganondorf while he's standing with the Master Sword plunged into him, Link is looking at Ganondorf's torso area which lines up with Link being anywhere from 5'9 to 5'10 since Ganondorf is almost 7'7 according to the Hyrule Historia. I don't buy Link being under 5'0, that's too short. Zant seemed he could be in the 6'10 to 7'0 range.
You may be talking about this scene... But if you look closely, their feet are kind of strange. They're standing on the air, the models are totally misplaced.

This is the bitter truth about Link height, which is consistent to the chart.

Reactions: Dio

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
At least in The Wind Waker we have a good shot of Ganondorf and Link.

195 pixels = 230 cm
84 pixels = 100 cm

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You may be talking about this scene... But if you look closely, their feet are kind of strange. They're standing on the air, the models are totally misplaced.
View attachment 40087

View attachment 40088
Oh my god! I never noticed that before in the scene. The characters are floating and that's ridiculous that it remained that way in TPHD surely they must have noticed when they redid the game haha

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
Oh my god! I never noticed that before in the scene. The characters are floating and that's ridiculous that it remained that way in TPHD surely they must have noticed when they redid the game haha
Well, this is the Game Cube version. It's in HD cause I replayed it on Dolphin. Don't know if they corrected it in the Wii U version.

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
But I think it wasn't their intention to make Link so dwarfish in Twilight Princess. They just decided to enlarge Ganondorf to make him a threatening final boss, not taking into consideration the official data of him being 230 cm tall in the previous games. They never imagined we would notice such discrepancy.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
View attachment 40087

View attachment 40088
They're standing on a hill and in the second one they're both bending their knees.
Well, I said twice his height. So, just divide 8 by 2 and you get 6. Making BoTW Link 6'0.
Half of 8 is 4.
I have 8 things. I divide them into two groups of how much? 4
OOOO/OOOO

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They're standing on a hill and in the second one they're both bending their knees.
Look at the feet, you can see link is standing on one foot, Zelda is floating as you can see the other side of her dress with no feet in sight and Ganondorf is standing on one leg at an angle, you can see the sole of his left foot. Zoom in and take a close look and you will see how ridiculous their positions actually are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom