• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heights of LoZ characters?

This ties directly into my reincarnation theory of it being the same Link who has just honed his skills through centuries of experience. The other theory I have is that Link is superhuman, which is much more likely. I heard that in BotW, Link killed a Guardian with just a pot handle or something and that's CANON.
It was a pot lid, and by the way, you can actually do that in the game. Just parry them three times and they're toast.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Yeah, I'm pretty certain Link is superhuman in his physical capabilities. He may be shorter than an average human, but he more than makes up for that in both skill honed through millennia and pure physical capacity. He would probably be a small military force by himself in modern times.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain Link is superhuman in his physical capabilities. He may be shorter than an average human, but he more than makes up for that in both skill honed through millennia and pure physical capacity. He would probably be a small military force by himself in modern times.

His fighting capabilities alone are godlike, especially in Twilight Princess. Which therefore means that OoT Link is a fighting force to be reckoned with.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Something to note: We can't necessarily trust official sources as being accurate for character heights, so just because it's stated in a Nintendo product as true doesn't mean it is.

For example, the height of Samus Aran. According to the Super Metroid player's guide, her personal height is 6'3". According to the Metroid 2: Return of Samus manual, that's the height of her in her power suit.

However, I found this particular figure and did the conversion: This puts Samus, in the armor, at over 6'10". Which means the 6'3" is likely her personal height outside of the armor.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think one thing I've always wanted to address separate from Link's height in Twilight Princess was his physical strength. Like, how tall and heavy do you think a Goron like Darbus would be? He seemed easily around 7ft tall and maybe 1,000 pounds or more and yet Link is able to use those giant chains to stop him from moving without any aid beyond the iron boots.
ilia%2B004.JPG

Daddy Darbus is not nearly as large as Fyrus but still significantly taller than link after he has been restored.

TP Link is tiny compared to Ganondorf who is still 7ft 6 in TP according to First For Figures which claim to use in game data to make their models to the right scale. I'd say Darbus's hair could possibly be above 7ft and I assume it is made of rock like the rest of him so that must be taken into account. We aren't dealing with muscle and bone here. Mayor Bo actually claims Gorons are made of rock afterall and we can see how easily they can punch through rocks without physically harming themselves so if we will say they are rock we must think about how much rock is in the actual Goron.
pic09.jpg

Here are some granite boulders for comparison. I think that 14cubic foot 3ft wide one could easily be the size of his upper body. I mean look at him he is ROUND. I can get the old Photoshop out and try to put him in next to the boulders assuming he is 7ft and then see how much rock might be needed for Darbus.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
darbus and rocks.jpg
So I made Darbus 7ft. I am pretty sure the 4ft round boulder would be smaller than his midsection because he has a very rocky back too so 5300lbs + already, then the 3ft boulder looks a bit bigger than would be required to make the head so Id say maybe 1800lbs for that, then for the arms and legs add another couple of thousand lbs. Darbus would be 8000+ lbs if he were 7ft and made of solid granite. But of course he isn't made of solid granite, he is made of some strange living rock and is probably full of other types of rocks and possibly magma judging from the fact some gorons even have vents that release smoke.

View attachment 39480
So I made Darbus 7ft. I am pretty sure the 4ft round boulder would be smaller than his midsection because he has a very rocky back too so 5300lbs + already, then the 3ft boulder looks a bit bigger than would be required to make the head so Id say maybe 1800lbs for that, then for the arms and legs add another couple of thousand lbs. Darbus would be 8000+ lbs if he were 7ft and made of solid granite. But of course he isn't made of solid granite, he is made of some strange living rock and is probably full of other types of rocks and possibly magma judging from the fact some gorons even have vents that release smoke.

So, TP Link has superhuman strength.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I've always figured that Zelda and Link, as well as other Hylians to be around average height for a human, which is around 5'7".

Sure, swords aren't a good comparison, but if we take the length of an average longsword, around 45" overall, we can see the weapon comes to around Link's midsection.

Not perfect, but using a real life analogue as a clue is helpful.

I've always figured that Zelda and Link, as well as other Hylians to be around average height for a human, which is around 5'7".

Sure, swords aren't a good comparison, but if we take the length of an average longsword, around 45" overall, we can see the weapon comes to around Link's midsection.

Not perfect, but using a real life analogue as a clue is helpful.

Many of us figured the same, until we started finding in-game evidence that says otherwise.

It appears the average Hyrulian height is around 5 feet, not 5'7". This probably explains the unusual designs of many of their weapons; they're creating armor and weaponry for people who are superhumanly strong and extremely short.

Reactions: Dio
Okay, trying this again with a different source... Let's say the models in BotW are off and this following one is accurate as to the actual heights of the champions:

800px-BotW_Picture_of_the_Champions.png

Assuming Urbosa is the Gerudo standard of eight feet, that puts Link at... 7'6" and Zelda at 7 feet.

I am beginning to think it's not physically possible to determine actual heights from any source.

D

Deleted member 88720

They'll never be as tall, or as large, as our love for the franchise.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Okay, trying this again with a different source... Let's say the models in BotW are off and this following one is accurate as to the actual heights of the champions:

800px-BotW_Picture_of_the_Champions.png

Assuming Urbosa is the Gerudo standard of eight feet, that puts Link at... 7'6" and Zelda at 7 feet.

I am beginning to think it's not physically possible to determine actual heights from any source.
MmZmMTlmYTk0ZSMvTUJ6YTU1UHlnVjB5T29WTlhMQ01rM0U2VVNNPS8xMHgzNDoxMjcweDY4Ny84MDB4NDUwL2ZpbHRlcnM6Zm9ybWF0KGpwZWcpOnF1YWxpdHkoODApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL2Vsb3R1ODNobWI0djl6YmVhcTZmbGxhZ3Zxb3VoNTdseHhscTl6dmtqY3JiMDVianlsZmo4dGVqM29kZXF1d2EuanBn.jpg

I wouldn't say 8ft Gerudo are standard. Some of them aren't much taller than link. I know the guards are very tall in comparison though so they are likely to be the ones over 7-8ft

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
Perhaps we can scale BotW Link from this ARTWORK.

This is going to be crazy. Buckle your seat belts cause we're entering Rainbow Road! :gletsgo:

First I need to stablish Mario height as 100 cm or 3'3. I've compared him to New Donk City elements and reached this conclusion. More details HERE.

If Mario is 100 cm tall, that makes Ganon 240 cm or 7'9 in this OFFICIAL CHART I've also scaled. ALttP Link is 135 or 4'4 cm by the way (the same height as the Hero of Twilight).

In The Legend of Zelda (NES) Link is half Ganon sprite, whom looks the SAME as his ALttP version even though the model is less detailed due to graphic limitations.

Ganon: 32 pixels = 240 cm
Link: 16 pixels = 120 cm or 3'11

Using this value in the artwork above BotW Link is 160 cm or 5'2 tall.

Ps.: It may be argued that Classic Link was supposed to be the same height as his counterpart from ALttP (135 cm). If that's the case, BotW Link would be 180 cm or 5'11 tall. I think 160 cm is more consistent though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom