• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heights of LoZ characters?

So, based on the Hyrule Historia, Ganondorf is officially confirmed to have a canon height of 230cm or almost 7'7. I want to know about the heights of other characters though. How tall is Link when he's a young adult? How about Zelda? How tall are Midna and Zant? How tall is Groose? You get the picture.

I attempted to compare Link and Ganondorf from Twilight Princess as that is the closest comparison I could find where both Link and Ganondorf were standing in relative proximity to each other. I know that in OoT, Link is shown to be 170cm/5'7 but other games don't afford that possibility. So, based on my comparisons, I reasoned that Link from Twilight Princess must be anywhere from 175-178cm/5'9-5'10 as shown when Link is looking at what appeared to be Ganondorf's midsectional area. So, thoughts? Anyone ever tried figuring out the heights of these characters before?

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Link and Zelda both vary in height from game to game. So, I think it's likely their official height is just a shrug.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
5E82V.jpg

These are the character models ripped directly from Twilight Princess. If Ganondorf is 7ft7 in that game then Zant would be around 6ft 6 without the helmet and Link would actually only be 4ft7 based on the size of the actual character models.

5E82V.jpg

These are the character models ripped directly from Twilight Princess. If Ganondorf is 7ft7 in that game then Zant would be around 6ft 6 without the helmet and Link would actually only be 4ft7 based on the size of the actual character models.

I don't consider character models, I consider actual in-game cutscenes as the best comparisons. Also, based on proportions, Link is way taller than 4'7. If anything, at the shortest and bare minimum, he'd be the same height as the adult Hero of Time, 5'7, but he seems visibly taller than that, at least by 2-3 inches proportionally. So, I would say at the tallest 5'9 to 5'10.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't consider character models, I consider actual in-game cutscenes as the best comparisons. Also, based on proportions, Link is way taller than 4'7. If anything, at the shortest and bare minimum, he'd be the same height as the adult Hero of Time, 5'7, but he seems visibly taller than that, at least by 2-3 inches proportionally. So, I would say at the tallest 5'9 to 5'10.
The character models are the same size in cutscenes as they are here as cutscenes are not CGI but made with the in game engine and models.
MellowDemandingAssassinbug-mobile.jpg

If Link is 5ft 10 then Ganondorf would be over 9ft and Zant over 7ft without his helm

The character models are the same size in cutscenes as they are here as cutscenes are not CGI but made with the in game engine and models.
MellowDemandingAssassinbug-mobile.jpg

If Link is 5ft 10 then Ganondorf would be over 9ft and Zant over 7ft without his helm

I don't know about that. If you see that momentary still shot of Link and Zelda both looking at Ganondorf while he's standing with the Master Sword plunged into him, Link is looking at Ganondorf's torso area which lines up with Link being anywhere from 5'9 to 5'10 since Ganondorf is almost 7'7 according to the Hyrule Historia. I don't buy Link being under 5'0, that's too short. Zant seemed he could be in the 6'10 to 7'0 range.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I don't know about that. If you see that momentary still shot of Link and Zelda both looking at Ganondorf while he's standing with the Master Sword plunged into him, Link is looking at Ganondorf's torso area which lines up with Link being anywhere from 5'9 to 5'10 since Ganondorf is almost 7'7 according to the Hyrule Historia. I don't buy Link being under 5'0, that's too short. Zant seemed he could be in the 6'10 to 7'0 range.

It could be that Link in-game just hasn't had his final, adult-height growth spurt. I know he's the same height as Zelda in that game, when she's usually shorter (though, by how much varies); that suggest he's not in his adult height yet, so under 5 feet is perfectly possible.

It could be that Link in-game just hasn't had his final, adult-height growth spurt. I know he's the same height as Zelda in that game, when she's usually shorter (though, by how much varies); that suggest he's not in his adult height yet, so under 5 feet is perfectly possible.

This wouldn't actually work too well lore wise because OoT Adult Link can be measured at 5'7 in the Lakeside Laboratory in Lake Hylia using the dive meter. I can't imagine that TP Link who is at an equivalent age to the adult Hero of Time would be under 5'7.

This wouldn't actually work too well lore wise because OoT Adult Link can be measured at 5'7 in the Lakeside Laboratory in Lake Hylia using the dive meter. I can't imagine that TP Link who is at an equivalent age to the adult Hero of Time would be under 5'7.

It works very well. Compare the height difference between OoT Link and OoT Zelda to the one between BotW Link and BotW; the height difference is greater in BotW, meaning that either Link in that game is taller or Zelda is shorter. And IIRC, in Skyward Sword Link and Zelda are the same height.

Basically, they vary in height from game to game. So the height from one game is irrelevant to the height from another.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
twilight_princess__hero_s_shade_height_by_sesshowmall_dctofqp-pre.jpg

The heroes shade is link from OOT so clearly TP link hasn't had his growth spurt and neither had Link in OOT himself. I know he is called adult link but a body doesnt stop maturing just because your society deems you a man at 16. I was 5ft7 when I was 16 but 6ft3 by the time I was 18.

Last edited:
twilight_princess__hero_s_shade_height_by_sesshowmall_dctofqp-pre.jpg

The heroes shade is link from OOT so clearly TP link hasn't had his growth spurt and neither had Link in OOT himself. I know he is called adult link but a body doesnt stop maturing just because your society deems you a man at 16. I was 5ft7 when I was 16 but 6ft3 by the time I was 18.

Okay, then how tall is the Hero's Shade? He looks well over 6'2. I would say maybe 6'5.

Okay, then how tall is the Hero's Shade? He looks well over 6'2. I would say maybe 6'5.

Which makes Ganon around 8.5 to 9 feet.

I think the Hero's Shade is shorter than that.

Or I let myself get distracted by pixel counts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom