• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Heartpiece Trouble

I'm at 35/36 heartpieces and have the obvious problem that I can't find the last one. And it's definitely not a problem of knowing where they are.
I double checked every location and I'm gonna list the current status just so that you can check if my method of confirmation is wrong somewhere:

Young Link:
#1: Lost woods, first screen to the left, play saria's song -> gives me 5 rupees
#2: Lost woods, first screen to the right, going down the ladder, play simon says 3 times -> 5 rupees
#3: Hyrule market at night, bring the dog to the the fat lady -> 5 rupees
#4: Hyrule market at day, bombchu bowling -> rotates between 50 rupees, bombchus and bombs, tried more than 20 times to be sure
#5: Hyrule market at night, chest "guessing" game -> 50 rupees (I think) in the last chest
#6: Lon Lon Ranch, in the cow cabin, through the tunnel, nothing
#7: Goron village, bomb in pot -> 75 rupees
#8: Graveyard, pulling that one grave in the row right next to the royal tomb -> empty chest
#9: Let dampe dig -> I'm 100% sure I got this since I planned this to be 36/36, but I was missing one after I got this.
#10: Kakariko, cow cage, gone
#11: Kakariko, man on the roof -> gives a tip how to look in 1st person
#12: Kakariko, 50 skulltulas -> all 5 I've freed so far give me nothing
#13: Fishing pond -> I can find the sinking lure
#14: Hyrule field, bomb between the fences in fron of lake hylia entrance -> empty
#15: Hyrule field, bomb the tree east of lon lon range with the deep water pit inside -> gone
#16: Zora river, on pillar reachable with chicken -> gone
#17: Zora river, towards the end, reachable with chicken -> gone
#18: Zora river, frogs #1
#19: Zora river, frogs #2, did that directly before porting to the graveyard for dampe, and double checked, so I'm sure I got these
#20: Zora's domain torches, chest is empty
#21 and #22: Gerudo valley, behind the waterfall and inside the crate on the left side of the bridge, both gone

Adult link:
#23: Kakariko, top of the windmill -> gone
#24: Graveyard, race against the ghost after getting longshot and arriving before him -> rupees
#25: Graveyard, bean flower ride -> crate is empty
#26: dodongo's cavern entrance bean flower ride -> gone
#27: Death mountain crater, bean ride on top of the mini volcano -> gone
#28: Death mountain crater, hole in the climbing wall -> gone
#29: Lake hylia, Laboratory diving -> no sound when I touch the bottom, he says I'm the best diver and I should dive to the ground of lake hylia
#30: Lake hylia, crow song/bean bed to top of lab -> gone
#31: Zora's fountain, on one of the ice shells -> gone
#32: Zora's fountain, steel boots to the ground of the lake -> gone
#33: Ice cavern, inside a block of red ice -> gone
#34: Gerudo fortress, chest on top -> empty
#35: Gerudo fortress, horseback bowshooting -> highscore of 2000
#36: Desert colossus, bean bed ride -> gone

It's driving me completely insane since I've double checked everything.
It's also impossible that I missed a full container from a boss, since I got 3/4 heartpieces.

D

Deleted member 6224

Isn't it if you find all 50 gold skulltula you find a heart piece? But it looks like you've done that

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
Try the skull kid play-along in the screen to the right in the lost woods. I had this same problem, and did the same thing. The only difference between us is I "knew" (thought) I had gotten that one. So I tried it to make sure. Just run thru all of them, slowly and surely.

That's basically my problem. I already checked all 36 of them and wrote the results in my op. I just want to know if you can spot any of my trial methods as wrong and thus not leading to a 100% safe conclusion that it's gone. I also now spent 2x 500 rupees to make sure I have the one from the graveyard and checked the frogs again. I'm starting to think that something might glitch if you exit without saving after picking up a heart container and after reloading it will disappear without you actually having it.

At #24, did you finish in 1 minute or less?

Oh, and #11, did you talk to him while standing on the same roof as he?

At #24, did you finish in 1 minute or less?

Oh, and #11, did you talk to him while standing on the same roof as he?

50 seconds and yes, on the same roof, just tried again.

Basically, I triple checked everything now and have memories of collecting every piece. But I also can't believe that it could glitch in any way, but then again I wouldn't have believed that master sword glitch either..

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
# 13, You can find the sinking lure as young link, right? You only get the heart piece as young Link.
# 23, Did you mean to say inside the windmill? There's no heart piece in that cubby with the cucco that you longshoot to.

Those are the only two possibilities I can think of.

As far as I know, you can only find the sinking lure after you obtained the heart piece. Besides, my biggest fish as young link is as big as the biggest fish as adult link, which gave me the golden scale.
And of course I meant top level of the interior windmill.

I now spent more time searching for the last one than it normally takes to collect all 36.

I had the same problem with Twilight Princess and never ended up finding the last heart piece. I know how frustrating it could be.

Are you sure you have looked at the right places for the ones that you listed as "gone"?. My suggestion would be to look at a YouTube heart piece walkthrough and follow along to the exact locations. You might be looking at the wrong places.

I'm currently rushing through the game to do it again, without picking up a single one and then in one streak. >_>

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
You mentioned that you got a high score of 2000 point in the horse-back riding game, you get the heart piece if you score between 1000-1499 points.

Btw, for me it was the heart from playing ocarina with the 2 skull kids. Turned out I played with them, didn't remember that you needed to play 3 times with them, and then when I went to check after I was sure that I should have all 36 heart pieces, it was of course the 2nd time playing with them and I still didn't get anything and created this thread.

T

t3hfluff

my trouble

I had the same problem! But i went back to do EVERYTHING! it was driving me nuts for 2 days. Finally i got to dampe's race and got 55 seconds. would you believe i missed this one? I was sure i saved the first time i beat him. siiigh
anyway all 20 shiny hearts :) off to fight ganny now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom