• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Heart Container or Stamina Vessel?

Heart Container or Stamina Vessel?

• Heart Container

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Stamina Vessel

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Both

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

GFE

My first time through, I completely maxed stamina before doing any hearts. I really wanted to be able to climb and explore more than anything else. I made sure to keep a full set of fairies at all times to make up for the lack of hearts. After learning the Master Sword mechanic, I saw that hearts were more important than I thought, but I think I'd still go the same route.

Pen

The game is on!
I went solely for hearts until I had them maxed out. I like the safety that comes with having a lot of HP like that. So it wasn't until after I had 30 heart containers that I started upgrading my stamina, and that was long after I'd completed the story and explored most areas. Because of how long I went without upgrading my stamina I learned various ways to get around it. The low stamina was never really a problem to me since there are always alternate paths you can take to reach your destination. Of course, now that I've started increasing my stamina I totally get the appeal with it. However overall I definitely prefer the hearts.

Get the first heart so you have 4 then go max stamina till a full 3 wheels. Just swap back for like 5 minutes to get the master sword then swap back to full stamina.
This is what I did.

Yeah I did like 50+ shrines with only 4 hearts. That's totally fine. Even those major tests of strength can be beaten without getting hit. Lynels too can be beaten without getting hit with some practice.

I agree with some others on here...going Hearts Only early in order to get the Master Sword ASAP is wise. Afterwards, I'd advise a focus, or even a swap, for Stamina. Once you're happy with stamina, then fill in the rest of the hearts late game. That having been said, people that go full stamina and are content with 27 heart containers instead of 30...insanity. I'd be so OCD about that incomplete life bar. My plan once I get to the very end is to have 30 hearts and 2 complete stamina wheels, and to let the remaining Spirit Orbs sit there in my inventory...I don't want a goofy incomplete stamina meter either. At the end of the day, once you get experienced at the game, neither stamina nor life really become an issue with good equipment and good playing skill...and good cooking!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I tried balancing out which one I got. After beating Ganon, I mainly focused on getting stamina vessels though.

I have added heart containers 7 times and have upgraded stamina twice. With non-bosses being able to do a ton of damage with one hit, I think heart containers are more important. I've gotten enough containers that I will probably alternate upgrading the next 4 times until my second stamina wheel is complete. Then, I'll prioritize heart containers again. For me, the main time stamina is an issue is when I'm climbing and I really need to make it all of the way. Sometimes I run out but I always keep some stamina boosts in my food inventory so unless it starts raining I can usually complete my climb.

To me, this question is a "no-brainer". I choose stamina over hearts every time, period, no exceptions. It's FAR too easy to keep meals to replenish hearts, and a lot harder to deal with keeping stamina replenishing potions or meals. Also, what can you really do with 30 hearts that can't do with 27??? There are so many easy recipes to make with fairly common ingredients that will give you "full recovery +3 hearts" that having all 30 "real" hearts is not necessary. Having all three wheels of stamina (for me at least) makes all the difference in the world. There have been so many times that even with fully upgraded climbing gear and a "no rain" weather condition that I can just barely reach the top of a climb I want to make. Having to use stamina meals/potions is almost irrelevant when you have max stamina.

Again, not sure how anyone can say they'd rather have those last 3 "real" hearts instead of full stamina.

Again, not sure how anyone can say they'd rather have those last 3 "real" hearts instead of full stamina.

You moved the goalposts a bit. If I get to a point where I have 15+ hearts, yeah stamina becomes more important and I'll be looking to acquire all 3 wheels. But earlier in the game (which is where I am at), I think hearts are more important. Certainly, by the time one has 27 hearts any additional stamina will be more valuable than adding another heart at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom