• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heard the News?

Nintendo direct have said that they will remake The Wind Waker in HD!! Look it up on nintendo direct.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Putting this here for anyone who has yet to see it.

[video=youtube;xSF-yNvKmjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSF-yNvKmjI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wind Waker HD looks aesthetically pleasing, but I'd like to see how it plays first (as in, did they add on to any control features, such as sailing). For now it simply looks like a retexturing of the old graphics.

Last edited:
Interesting, This is something I wasn't expecting. In all honesty I don't think the graphics are that appealing, but they shall suffice. Also I was banking on Majora's Mask 3D to be the one that keeps us occupied, obviously not. Having said that, this applies to the Wii U only, maybe the 3DS will do the same, who knows.

I do understand why they went for the Wind Waker since it's not that easy to get a copy nowadays. Overall I learned Two things from this: never believe what Nintendo say. They said they didn't want to release a remake twice in a row and look at what just got announced. Secondly this lowers the chance of Majora's Mask being remade on the Wii U, which is a relief really. This will be something to look forward to this Autumn as well as Pokémon X & Y.

Last edited:

Deeds

no text
I cannot wait for this. Before this was announced, I was looking forward to WW on the Wii U's virtual console, let alone a High Definition Version. So excited.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Interesting. Personally I think the original game still holds up to the test of time, but then I've never really been a big fan of HD-ifying stuff just for the sake of it. Cool for those who really want the HD experience, and something to keep us occupied until ZeldaU comes out, but I think I'll pass, I've still got my GC copy.

This is phenomenal news! Wind Waker was my first Zelda game and now, it's going to be that little push i needed to get the Wii U.

When i woke up 10 minutes ago, i looked over at my computer screen and you know what i saw? A facebook status update from ZD sharing a photo of Link and Tetra in HD. I quickly got out of bed looked harder and realized that Nintendo was remaking Wind Waker. I got so excited i nearly fell off my bed and i had to tell everyone in my family about it no matter what.

From what i have seen, the graphics look gorgeous in HD, but i can't help but wonder if it will have the same "feel" as the original. I cannot wait to see how they will use the controls and i am REALLY looking forward to this game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I finally have a reason to purchase a Wii U before the new Zelda game is released! I can't wait for this. Those screenshots look absolutely breathtaking! My birthday is in the summer, so hopefully I'll be able to get a Wii U then ahead of time. After that, all I'll have to do is wait for The Wind Waker. =)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This is great! I saw the screenshots, and they look really good! This isn't enough for me to get a Wii U, but I'll probably get this if/when I get a Wii U.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and a large amount of that love comes from the graphics. Looking at this then, omg so much eyecandy @w@

Now if they could make the boat go a bit faster too my life would be complete.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
Windfall looks stunning. I like how the graphics look in HD. But it's not enough of a change to make me want to get a WiiU just for the sake of that.

I hope they tone down the shadows though. Whilst looking much more realistic, the shadows in those pics look obtrusive and would probably become a pain when exploring areas with tall structures surrounding you.

Could just be time of day in the day cycle, remember when Zelda had those? :P so the shadows may not really be that way in the end =]
Glad you're super excited hun i soooo wanted to see your reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom