• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Headphones vs Earphones

Earphones or Headphones

• Earphones

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Headphones

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you prefer to listen to music (or whatever else) via earphones or headphones? Which type do you use?

I've always been an earphone person, I just find headphones bulky and generally uncomfortable. Earphones are always much easier to take on the go too.

I've always found the Apple earphones to be pretty decent and after thinking I lost mine recently (I found them again later like an idiot :/) I purchased some AirPods which are also very comfortable with decent quality. They are probably not worth the price they cost to buy but they offer a nice experience for me nonetheless.

I use earphones.

I like my music loud and i'm aware of headphones being way noisier for people around me than earphones, even though I find headphones more comfortable with all the nice padding.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I prefer headphones but earbuds are easier to carry. They hurt my ears so I improvise by wrapping them over my ear and dangling them next to my ear. I would get headphones if I could ever find a good affordable pair that fits in my purse easily.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I like earphones better. I have a nice pair of headphones that I sometimes use with my laptop but otherwise it’s all earphones. I have a pair of wireless earphones that are comfortable and have good sound quality, and they barely take up any space at all. They’re easy to carry around, so much so that I sometimes forget I’m wearing them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Earphones are the way to go. Headphones bugger up my slick do due to the fact they touch the head on top. They are also bulky to carry around and you can't fit a pair in your pocket like earphones.

The only time I use headphones right now are right before bed

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Depends on the scenario. For casual listening while I'm out and about, I use earphones, giving preference to ones that sound good and fit comfortably. I also use earphones for the purpose of phone calls if I don't feel like holding my phone up to my ear, meaning a built in mic is a must.

For the purposes of deep musical listening, or audio mixing, noise canceling headphones are definitely superior. If you want to be really intricate, earbuds are a no-go. You can get really good studio quality headphones for relatively cheap (stay away from Beats by Dre, they're a total ripoff) that sound amazing and are ideal for audio mixing. They tend to be bulky, but since I primarily use earbuds for casual listening, that's not a problem for me.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Headphones. I find I don't like the sound of earphones, and all of them fall out of my ears.

Depends on the scenario. For casual listening while I'm out and about, I use earphones, giving preference to ones that sound good and fit comfortably. I also use earphones for the purpose of phone calls if I don't feel like holding my phone up to my ear, meaning a built in mic is a must.

For the purposes of deep musical listening, or audio mixing, noise canceling headphones are definitely superior. If you want to be really intricate, earbuds are a no-go. You can get really good studio quality headphones for relatively cheap (stay away from Beats by Dre, they're a total ripoff) that sound amazing and are ideal for audio mixing. They tend to be bulky, but since I primarily use earbuds for casual listening, that's not a problem for me.
Totally agree on Beats by Dre being a ripoff. For that price, they don't even sound that great.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Telephones.
man-white-two-mobile-phones-holding-cell-to-his-ears-multitasking-calling-listening-45652276.jpg

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The only benefit of earphones is portability. I hate using them. Can never keep the blasted things in. And they're dirty and yuck. And the sound quality is garbo.

This Logitech headset I've been listening to music to all night are killer. No comparison to even the highest quality earphone. They're comfortable, fit well. Sound SPECTACULAR! And the best thing about em is, if all out civil war suddenly broke around me I wouldn't have to know! and I also don't have to know how badly I'm singing along

The music of the spheres is the sweetest music one could ever endeavor to hear, and requires neither of the above...

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The music of the spheres is the sweetest music one could ever endeavor to hear, and requires neither of the above...
Ball music sounds neat. I prefer earphones for the portability, but jeeebus they do not stay in even with the loop around the ear trick.

I personally use headphones because they find them more comfortable, though I do end up getting the cords tangled. Earplugs do usually one of two things to me, 1: I can never keep them on, or 2: they hurt my ears so much that I can never keep them on long-term. Ear plugs should burn in the fiery pits of @funnier6's Wells, all they are is torture to me, headphones all the way. They're a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom