• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Headphones on WiiU

We all know that games from the Big N feature some of the best music in games.
I've been thinking about getting headphones for my WiiU to get some better sound than the normal TV sound. I've been looking around, reading a bunch of old topics and am left feeling a bit confused to what's what. First of all I don't play on the Gamepad too often, I prefer the Pro Controller, so don't necessarily want or need one that plugs in there. However from what I've found that's all that's available to us at this time. Chat functionality is not required for me, and most topics revolve around that issue. Also a lot of threads I've found discuss low sound from headphones plugged in to the Gamepad.

My questions are the following:

Is it possible to connect Headphones or a Headset to the WiiU without the Gamepad?
Is it possible to have this done Wirelessly (Bluetooth?) either to the WiiU directly or the TV?
Any tips for a pair in a good price range?

D

Deleted member 14134

There are a few options for wireless headsets.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Afterglow-Universal-Wired-Headset-AGU-1-/171549568937?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Afterglow seems to be the name that keeps popping up for wireless headsets. Probably more expensive than ear buds but it could be a good investment in the long run.

If you want ear buds you're **** outta luck since Nintendo thought it'd be a good idea to not include one in the pro controller. Your only option there is to plug it into a headphone jack on the tv of leave the gamepad beside you while you're playing a game with the pro controller.

There are a few options for wireless headsets.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Afterglow-Universal-Wired-Headset-AGU-1-/171549568937?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Afterglow seems to be the name that keeps popping up for wireless headsets. Probably more expensive than ear buds but it could be a good investment in the long run.

If you want ear buds you're **** outta luck since Nintendo thought it'd be a good idea to not include one in the pro controller. Your only option there is to plug it into a headphone jack on the tv of leave the gamepad beside you while you're playing a game with the pro controller.

I encountered the afterglow as well indeed. I definitely do not want earbuds.
Problem with plugging in to the Gamepad is the mediocre sound you get, so not ideal. The main unknown for me at this point is if there are any (wireless) Headsets that work with the WiiU itself (so not the Gamepad), I know the chat function won't work, but does the game sound? The thing has Bluetooth

I'm generally not that known with how normal setups work as I've never played with one before. But is it possible to hook one up to the TV?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I highly recommend these headphones: [link]
They're the Skullcandy - HESH model. (Hesh or Hesh 2, either is good)

I reccomend them not only for gaming, but primarily for music as well. They come in many different colors, you can find them at your nearest Target, WalLMart, FYE, Staples, and in a variety of other retailers.
They're only 60 bucks (roughly), and they're comfortable, with GREAT sound quality, and I feel they are the overall best headphones to buy.
They're pretty cheap for what you get. (Honestly, they feel like studio-quality head phones)

Not only that, but the AUX cord they come with is detachable. Oh, you have a cat/dog/hamster that chewed the cord? Well, you can find a replacement cord for like- 5 bucks at a local retailer, or even amazon. Oh, I love the detachable cord.... (okay, enough raving) xD

...And yeah, they're not wireless, but they have pretty great features.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

I encountered the afterglow as well indeed. I definitely do not want earbuds.
Problem with plugging in to the Gamepad is the mediocre sound you get, so not ideal. The main unknown for me at this point is if there are any (wireless) Headsets that work with the WiiU itself (so not the Gamepad), I know the chat function won't work, but does the game sound? The thing has Bluetooth

I'm generally not that known with how normal setups work as I've never played with one before. But is it possible to hook one up to the TV?

Well if the wireless headset is compatible with the wii u it should have a little usb stick that plugs into the back of the wii that will connect automatically when you turn the headphones on. As for your tv, if it has a usb port in the back it might work but I would do more research as it depends on the tv you have.

I have a sony wireless headset that works on my laptop and ps3 but not my wii U and TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom