• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wind Waker HD Minority

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Am I one of the only ones around here who prefers the non-HD WW to the HD version?

I mean the images look much more clear in WWHD, but so what? I feel that works against the feel of the scene. Maybe the mountains looking less clear
suggests fog or haze, which suggests brooding or evil.

I definitely like the HD version, and think it should have been made. But I prefer the regular version far more. The HD isn't only HD, it literally makes
Windfall Island look like a completely different place. This I do not like.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't like the look of gamecube WW, I don't even like toon link anyway, but at least WWHD looks pretty to me. WWSD certainly does not.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the hd version does have plenty of added improvements which makes the game more enjoyable

not saying i prefer it though,as i don't even have a wii u and most likely won't get the hd version if i did,but it is technically a better version of the same game

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Speaking as a guy who has both the non HD and the HD, i can say they both have they good points and bad points. The best point is the damned triforce quest being shortened, the bad point is you don't in the general play get to experience more of the great sea's foibles such as the sea hats the gyorgs and the giant cyclone, all because of the swift sail. Personally i like the Hd more for the simply fact Figurines are far easier to get in HD than normal, you literally get 12 photo at a time, better than 3 only not to mention you don't have a certain photo there is a decent chance it will pop up due to tingle bottle, you also get a marker telling what images are good and which are not. The mists and fogs you get in the original actually make some areas look a lot better Dragon Roost is a good example, in the original you can't see all the way to the top with HD you can. In regards to tingle and knuckle i like HD version more because it is possible to get all 5 tingle statues and get knuckle.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
You're not alone. I enjoy WWHD more by itself ( Red Sail is a Godsend), but more for what could have been. Wind Waker is a cel-shaded game that doesn't benefit nearly as much from an HD game as much as TP or MM would have. The art style holds up much better to modern scrutiny as opposed to the more realistic visuals of the others. The art style achieves its goal of creating a beautful and colorful world, and I really think the HD was wasted. I know thatmight not be the argument you wanted, but I feel a vibe of wasted potential every time I see that boot up screen.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Speaking as a guy who has both the non HD and the HD, i can say they both have they good points and bad points. The best point is the damned triforce quest being shortened, the bad point is you don't in the general play get to experience more of the great sea's foibles such as the sea hats the gyorgs and the giant cyclone, all because of the swift sail. Personally i like the Hd more for the simply fact Figurines are far easier to get in HD than normal, you literally get 12 photo at a time, better than 3 only not to mention you don't have a certain photo there is a decent chance it will pop up due to tingle bottle, you also get a marker telling what images are good and which are not. The mists and fogs you get in the original actually make some areas look a lot better Dragon Roost is a good example, in the original you can't see all the way to the top with HD you can. In regards to tingle and knuckle i like HD version more because it is possible to get all 5 tingle statues and get knuckle.

and there's that
i mean it was pretty stressful getting them all on gamecube [i managed it though]

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I guess I'm part of the majority then :puppy:

To me it's the exact same game (my favorite Zelda game actually) just better. The Graphics are leagues better, it feels better, the gamepad maps and menus help immensely, the quick sail was a FANTASTIC addition. Hell even the item that tingle gives you was more useful to me (not that I used the bottle or the tuner but i literally was unable to use the tuner because I lacked a gba attachment thing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom