• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Have you rage quit yet?

I haven't raged quit yet, but boy have I raged. I've never played a more frustrating Zelda game in my life! It's even more frustrating than Zelda II, not because it's difficult, because the game is so ******* Cheap!

The thing that brings my blood to the boil most is Thunderblight Ganon, that thing can go **** it'self! You'd have an easier time dodging lightning on your bare tiptoes while walking on a concreate path with metal hanging around you than beat that miserable thing, all because electicity in this game is so OP! and on top of that, even with max electricity resistance, this Blight is a pain in the ***! Out of all the champions, I actually feel sorry for Urbosa for having to fight this cheap monstrosity before she met her demise. This is stupid because I have no trouble fighting the other Blight Ganons, yet this one seems to Piss me off the most!!

Another thing I hate is when you fall all over the place after being hit by an enemy. Most of the time it's not so bad, but I'm serious when I say I've actually died by slightly rolling into a puddle after being hit from the Lynel on Ploymus Mountain, what a ******* cheap way to die! I've even died by sliding down a hill after being hit. No, not falling down the hill, not tumbling down the hill (where it makes sense because you're breaking every bone in your body), I gently slid down the hill and it killed me, I am dead serious.

I've never had this much trouble with any other Zelda game since the NES games, all because there are so many cheap ways to die in this game. And you know what the worst part is? the DLC is supposed to include a new hard mode, so this would make the initial game easy/normal. But If I can't beat this game without dying every 2 seconds, I'm dreading what they have in store for this hard mode.

The horse mini games were the hardest for me. I found the fence jumping to be easier to go clockwise for that Ridge jump. For the archery I used the great eagle bow which has quick draw and three shots. I was able to get 21 points with this, but couldn't get 23. In the end I ended up using pure bomb arrows wich I think have a larger hit box. Between the great eagle bow and bomb arrows I barely got that 23. After hitting the last five you can also jump off your horse and aim backwards in slow mo to get any stragglers still in your line of sight.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Nothing has done this to me yet. I did find Naboris to be really challenging puzzle-wise, especially since I hadn't done any other divine beast yet and didn't instantly see that I could rotate everything. Once I did, it got easier, but it took me a while to find everything.

There are things I have put off for later, like locations, boss fights and such that I just haven't been ready for yet. But I've then later returned and done better. But that's the great thing about this game, since it's so open you don't have to do something that challenges you too much right away. You can take a break and go back :)

So, no. I've not ragequit anything yet. A little annoyance here and there, sure, but nothing major.

I don't understand how people are having such trouble with the Horse Course. It took me maybe.... I want to say 5 tries? And the first two weren't particularly serious attempts. Maybe your horse just sucks? Who knows, maybe some of them aren't as good at jumping than others. I feel like I've noticed different personalities in the horses I have besides simply what stars they have. For instance, Romani will refuse about 1 in 5 spur attempts, even at full bond, while Garo will jump almost anything readily but runs from danger when I'm not mounted much farther away than my other horses (I almost always have to call him back, whereas my others are usually closest enough to walk to. Additionally, he's usually behind something). And of course Keeta is an absolute beast, and will readily kick opponents like Yiga spies or Keese. All three of these horses have the exact same Star ratings (4, 3, 4) but behave in different ways. It would not surprise me in the slightest if you just happen to have a horse or two that is afraid to jump, if "horse won't jump" is your big issue.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
This game doesn't make me rage very much. Although getting the dragon horns and waiting for star fragments for clothing upgrades can be a pain in the butt.

This game doesn't make me rage very much. Although getting the dragon horns and waiting for star fragments for clothing upgrades can be a pain in the butt.
On three separate occasions I have just gotten to a star fragment only to have it disappear. They always seem to land far enough that you have to just book it straight too them.

So I was in Divine Beast Vah Naboris (the camel) and from the instant I set foot inside, I couldn't stand it. The constant rotation of the barrels was very reminiscent of certain water temples. I guess the problem is that they overused the "gimick" of the barrels. It was like a giant rubix cube but 100 times worse. This subsequently led me to rage quit for the first time in a Zelda game.

So many parts of this game are so good! But there are some parts like this that break your faith in Zelda a little. Has anyone else experienced this in any other parts of the game?

Never rage quit per se but I did give up on getting a chest in the one of the shirnes, reminded me of golf F*** that BS ain't got time for that nonsense.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I haven't rage quit the game yet but the sections in shrines which involve using the gamepad's gyroscope to twist and turn are a great way for me to become pissed off. I was also a bit impatient with a shrine quest in which you have to follow a Korok without being caught, leading to me being caught quite a few times and nearly calling it quits before finally being patient enough to actually do it properly. The only other thing I've found annoying is just myself making stupid mistakes over and over again if I am playing while super tired.

Heh i skipped following that sodding korok and went straight for the shrine, i never did complete the korok trials :P

Only thing that's gotten me close is how annoying armor upgrades are, it seems like it requires a crap ton of arbitrary things for each piece only to find out that you've got ONE lynel gut missing............ then it's waiting for a blood moon.

Actually Blood Moons have had me nearly rage quite, the damn shrine quest for it took 7 hours, i've waited 13 hours while waiting for it so i can hunt lynels and i've waited currently 15 hours and 40 Talus for me next one. Christ anyone figure out that system yet?

For the horn issue go to gerudo tower and behind it on the cliff is a cave with a golden bow in it, it has zoom on it making it easier to hit.

Go to Floria lake camp til dawn Farosh Spawns right in front of you, Lanaryu Promenade has Naydra literally fly by and sometimes INTO you and Eldin Skeleton as Dinraal literally fly down to ground level.

Put a pin in Hateno Village go to the shrine that is on the higher of the two dueling peaks and camp there til night, look towards Hateno and stare at the sky, save the game by the way in case you don't get it, then when it drops it's just a warp from either the Hateno Shrine or the Hateno Tower and a short glide.

Last edited by a moderator:

funnier6

Courage~
The horse obstacle minigame at Highland Stable. Your horse will not jump the fences unless you go at them literally dead center, it's so ****ing irritating. I could never do it fast enough. Still haven't. Gave up after like 30 attempts.

Saaame the horse mini games are evil. Other than that I didn't rage over anything.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I've never been so frustrated that I rage quitted the actual game, but I would give up on certain shrines if I couldn't figure them out or bail on a dungeon. Especially after I started my first boss, I had NO clue how to beat it so I just bailed on the fight entirely after a few failed tries.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I got stuck on the statis puzzle on Divine Beast Vah Ruta...it was wrong on so many levels.

Aku

Have not rage quit yet (I think the Blight Ganon fights are actually not hard enough) but I've been heavily annoyed by the the electric Lizalfos that I have yelled at the screen. Fortunately getting the Thunder Helm drops their annoyingness to that of regular Lizos, but until I get it, they are incredibly annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom