• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Have you rage quit yet?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
So I was in Divine Beast Vah Naboris (the camel) and from the instant I set foot inside, I couldn't stand it. The constant rotation of the barrels was very reminiscent of certain water temples. I guess the problem is that they overused the "gimick" of the barrels. It was like a giant rubix cube but 100 times worse. This subsequently led me to rage quit for the first time in a Zelda game.

So many parts of this game are so good! But there are some parts like this that break your faith in Zelda a little. Has anyone else experienced this in any other parts of the game?

The horse obstacle minigame at Highland Stable. Your horse will not jump the fences unless you go at them literally dead center, it's so ****ing irritating. I could never do it fast enough. Still haven't. Gave up after like 30 attempts.
You'll love the horseback archery mini game. It's even harder. :D :D :D

The trick for the horse jumping mini game is to find any ol nag. Preferably one with low speed stats but not the giant horse. Line up and use a speed boost to get over the rail. Tough but doable. I did it after many attempts. I found if your horse is too fast, you can't slow it down enough to line up the next rail. Apart from a sprint toget over the rail you want maneuverability, not speed here. Because you need to like up each rail. The slower more pathetic nags you can find do have the more tame temperaments you need for this too.

Also two speed bost marks is all you need as they will replenish in tme for the next rail. I only used one but that 2nd one is nice. You don't need 3 of them on a nag.

The horseback archery is a real *****. I can't do it. My best is 12 targets. You need 20.

Last edited:
No but i took a 2 day break because im tired of dying and my switch battery is messed up.

It drops from 100 to 0 in 30 mins and i played for 20 minutes while the battery lingered on 1%. I could have played longer probably but I had stuff to do

The horse obstacle minigame was the only thing to really make me mad so far. I mean, the rest of the game, if I were to die or something, I really just laughed it off. I just really wanted that specific set for my horse, but I gave up after obtaining the bridle. It's good enough for me, I guess haha

The horse obstacle minigame at Highland Stable. Your horse will not jump the fences unless you go at them literally dead center, it's so ****ing irritating. I could never do it fast enough. Still haven't. Gave up after like 30 attempts.
The fence on the ridge was most annoying for me... even if you got it central, if the angle was slightly off it would think you'd hit either the wall or the ledge on the other side and stop dead.
Personally, I found it easier to use a faster horse (Epona) and no boosts (except for a start/end sprint)... boosts make it harder to turn, so even with the higher base speed I found it easier to make the turns with a faster horse... still took a while though.

The horseback archery is a real *****. I can't do it. My best is 12 targets. You need 20.
That's only the target for the first piece of horse gear... if I remember correctly, the second target is 23... I think I've managed 21 as my best (at which point I gave up) but haven't tried it with a multi-shot bow yet (didn't have one at the time, but I've got plenty from Lynels now).

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I had a problem with never ever rage quitting ... I was like Monkey D Luffy ... I couldn't give up. I was stuck at Hateno Beach fighting those guys over and over and over, but I kept going at it until I won. I invited some friends over and we fought the same Lizalfos camp literally the entire time ... like two hours ... I sped through the main story without going for many shrines so it was really really hard. But nope, I killed the Lynel, I killed the Guardian, and I killed (sealed) the Ganon!

The fence on the ridge was most annoying for me... even if you got it central, if the angle was slightly off it would think you'd hit either the wall or the ledge on the other side and stop dead.
Personally, I found it easier to use a faster horse (Epona) and no boosts (except for a start/end sprint)... boosts make it harder to turn, so even with the higher base speed I found it easier to make the turns with a faster horse... still took a while though.

That's only the target for the first piece of horse gear... if I remember correctly, the second target is 23... I think I've managed 21 as my best (at which point I gave up) but haven't tried it with a multi-shot bow yet (didn't have one at the time, but I've got plenty from Lynels now).
The speed boosts to make it harder to turn but I needed them to make the jump. The slower horse was the ticket for me and got it done with 5 seconds to spare. Not easy but doable though.

That horseback archery though. That's really hard. I've tried with multishot bows and no good. I'll try one day with a golden bow (I know where to farm them) to see if the zoom helps. I just can't get enough hits in without slowing the horse but then I don't make it to the end for the 5 balloons there. Much harder then it should have been in my opinion. It's the hardest minigame in the game I have played so far by a long shot.

That horseback archery though. That's really hard. I've tried with multishot bows and no good. I'll try one day with a golden bow (I know where to farm them) to see if the zoom helps. I just can't get enough hits in without slowing the horse but then I don't make it to the end for the 5 balloons there. Much harder then it should have been in my opinion. It's the hardest minigame in the game I have played so far by a long shot.
The zoom didn't help me at all... it actually made it more difficult as it restricted my view too much... you've just got to get the hang of judging the distance and aiming above the target the right amount.
You should also use a couple of speed boosts early on in order to reach the end in time... should give you just enough time to fire a bomb arrow at the final cluster... you'll have to aim pretty high to make the distance, but if you hit the centre one you should pop all 5 with the explosion (it takes practice).
And I agree... definitely the hardest.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I haven't rage quit the game yet but the sections in shrines which involve using the gamepad's gyroscope to twist and turn are a great way for me to become pissed off. I was also a bit impatient with a shrine quest in which you have to follow a Korok without being caught, leading to me being caught quite a few times and nearly calling it quits before finally being patient enough to actually do it properly. The only other thing I've found annoying is just myself making stupid mistakes over and over again if I am playing while super tired.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The most annoying shrine to me was the one where you had to use the gamepad as a golfclub. This was pissing me off so much. The other thing that pisses me off a huge lot is the telescope button. I lost counting how often I accidentally pushed that button during fights. I'm surprised my wiiu gamepad is still working....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom