• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you played a game set where you live?

Some games use real world locations such as Infamous Second Son, The Last of Us and Persona 5 to help give the games a more tangible realism.

Have you played a game that has been set where you live?

If you have, how did it make you feel?

Did the game represent your place in the world well?

Did you go sightseeing?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yeah, GTA San Andreas and by extension, GTA V

I don't live in LA exactly but I am in the county, for San Andreas, I was able to detach the fictional Los Santos from the real life place that I lived in at the time that I played it; GTA V though is where things felt uncanny, I remember specifically when I was w/ some friends and we drove past Santa Monica, and how one of them pointed out that a spot in GTA V was modeled after it, it was kinda surreal to think about, among a few other locations that I myself have been to that was also depicted in the game

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
No... I don't think any game will ever be modeled after Göteborg (Gothenburg). Closest thing is that I think I heard something about a project where some people tried to recreate it in Minecraft, but I don't know if that's true. Other than that, it'd be if they ever did Sweden as a Pokémon region

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Nope none based where i live...and i dont think therell be any...

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Outlast 2 is the only game I can think of that takes place in Arizona. I didn’t really play that game much so I don’t remember anything about it.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
No I live in the middle of nowhere town. Tho I guess some games take place "nowhere" lol.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
No games set where I live, but quite a lot of movies and many TV shows, which is funny because the town is so small. I’ve never watched any of them, but I always thought it was interesting.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
There hasn't been a game set where I live (as far as I know, anyway), and I'd be surprised if there ever was a game set here tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom