• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Heard of a Little Game Called SLENDER?

Slender is a horror game based on the Slenderman myth that places you in the middle of a dark forest with only a flashlight and have to retrieve 8 manuscript pages all while being silently pursued by the Slenderman. The pages are scattered all around the forest on different landmarks ranging from a large tree to an ominous building lined with white tiles. With each page you collect an audio effect is added making the game progressively more intense. Also, your flashlight dims the more you use it, and once the Slenderman is close, static appears on the screen and the only way to make it go away is to turn off your flashlight and plunge yourself into darkness. Once the Slenderman catches you the game is over. Slender, in my opinion, is perhaps the scariest game ever made mainly due to its extremely tense atmosphere and how you are constantly being watched and pursued by something that may pop up around any tree or any corner.

The game is free to download so I want to know if you have heard of or played Slender and what you think of the game.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I haven't played it, but I have seen a few youtubers play it, and it confuses me. He's just a guy in black with a white head and no face, and when he catches you all that happens the screen fuzzes up and there's static, then you see Slenderman's faceless head. I could see why it would be scary if you were in that bathroom area when you're turning those dark corners and you have no idea if he is there or not, but other than that it doesn't appear to be that scary. I'll try the game sometime to see how different it is to be playing rather than watching.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Slender focuses on lulling a player into a false sense of security and then throwing a fairly inescapable enemy at them in a fairly tight space. It's basic horror game strategy. Jump scares, shock and awe, no way out. Those kind of things.

Still, I have seen scarier. Play some SCP: Containment Breach or Cry of Fear and you'll see what I mean. Those ones can be pretty terrifying at times.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
No, I have never heard of that game before. It sounds like a very scary game though!

I am not particularly fond of Horror games, so I will pass up on this.

Big Octo

=^)
I have yet to play it, but I've seen many streams and YouTube LPs of it.

Dan and I once recommended a streamer to play it, but he refused, to our dismay.

I've played it.

Scariest. Game. Ever.

It's a free download and take no more than 10 minutes to play. (Assuming you live through the game) I recommend it to everyone.

Yeah, I've heard of it and I can care less. Looks boring and cheap.

It is, I've played it and it was boring. There's no reason to be scared of it, since the worst part is that the screen goes fuzzy and you die, which isn't scary at all. It's terrible in comparison to a game such as Amnesia.

Dan

I have yet to play it, but I've seen many streams and YouTube LPs of it.

Dan and I once recommended a streamer to play it, but he refused, to our dismay.

Haha which reminds me, we promised to watch his steam again some time soon. Although I've never played slender, anythings better than seeing an FPS Game being streamed. :I

Slender, in my opinion, is perhaps the scariest game ever made mainly due to its extremely tense atmosphere and how you are constantly being watched and pursued by something that may pop up around any tree or any corner.

I find a huge problem in that it's incredibly easy to be stood close to the Slenderman and not be caught too. When you compare the way that the Slenderman works in comparison to the Gatherers is just terrible. You have to actually hide from the Gatherers or be killed, making sure that you can't be seen or heard. The Slenderman just stands there and waits for you to turn around.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
That sounds really overly-extremely scary. Can you post the download link for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom