• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you had the dreaded Virus?

Have you had the virus

• Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Not yet

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I thought it was a common cold but nope it's Corona. My PCR results came back yesterday to confirm that it was indeed a Coronavirus infection. I started noticing a sore throat last Saturday. On Sunday I experienced some sneezing and some sneezing with coughing on Monday, still with a sore throat. Today it's mostly sore throat with some coughing for good measure and the sneezing has subsided.

It is expected that most people will receive an infection by a variation of this virus at some point so I just wanted to make a thread to find out who has had currently had the virus here.

When did you get the virus? Have you had any vaccines previous to your infection and what symptoms did you experience?

Yeah, I have it currently. Started with just a scratchy throat one evening, and a few days later other classic cold symptoms really took over; raw throat, coughing, muscle aches, fatigue. Unsure if headache is related because I always have those. Spent most of my time sleeping and knocked out with cough syrup, but I'm doing better now. Currently experiencing some really irritating skin symptoms, and a lingering tickle in my airway accompanying dry coughs, and I'm praying that it only lasts a few days more and I don't end up with chronic symptoms. I've have symptoms since the 9th or so.

I'm due for my booster, had my second dose back in June; but catching it kind of put it on hold. I'll have to wait until I feel better and figure that out.

It's kind of frustrating because I caught it right as I went back home from my mom's place, and I definitely don't feel good about the fact I was moving between groups. My mom tested positive last week, and my dad caught it from me. My sister is asymptomatic but I'm assuming she has it as well since she lives with my mom.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yee, it was probably around last summer, one sunday when I came back from work I felt a little under the weather, then monday I was full on sick w/ fever, chills and loss of taste, even standing up for a few seconds had me really dizzy

this was pre shots though, and luckily I was gradually getting better in the following days

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I tested positive for it just last Friday. I naively hoped that it was just a bad cold, but then symptoms got worse and I was struggling not to cough up a long and vomit up my stomach. Combine that with fatigue and it made for an unpleasant time. Like others, I've had my first two shots of vaccine juice, but not yet the booster. The plan was to take it soon, but now that's temporarily on hold.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not that I'm aware of. My mom had it in December 2020 before vaccines. And I had been in close contact with her before she tested positive. Unfortunately couldn't get tested after that because I had no way to get to a testing site. I never showed any symptoms though and neither did my sister. So it's possible we had it and were asymptomatic or that we just somehow managed to not get it.

MW7

I had it in November 2021. I was vaccinated in January, March, and September of 2021, but I am immunocompromised so I was aware that the vaccine would be far less effective for me due to the mechanism of how the vaccines work and treatments I received to suppress my immune system. I had chills, fever, sore throat, runny nose, loss of appetite, and the worst fatigue of my entire life. The first night I was extremely tired but never able to fall asleep because the chills were so bad. I was able to sleep the second day, but remained sick until I received monoclonal antibodies on the fourth day. I felt better on the fifth day but lost my senses of taste and smell after all other symptoms went away. My senses came back slowly over about the course of a month, but some things still taste or smell slightly different than before even now.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Probably. My mom and a few of my siblings had it over Christmas, so I never got really sick but I've almost definitely had it. Really wish the poll wasn't so slanted though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've never had it despite not getting vaccinated til last August and even getting exposed to an exposure once. I guess I can chalk that up to practicing the health habits the way I'm supposed to. Even despite working in a school around kids who can't physically wear masks and have had it before I've managed to stay safe.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Probably. My mom and a few of my siblings had it over Christmas, so I never got really sick but I've almost definitely had it. Really wish the poll wasn't so slanted though.
Exactly my case too. I assume I've had it but the sickest I felt when my mom tested positive was a headache behind the eyes which isn't the most indicative of Corona

So I would sooner answer no than yes since I haven't had the true experience. Haven't got vaccinated yet either

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Got it from work in June 2020. My wife and three kids (at the time) got it. My wife was out for a bit but I was down for a week. I tried to work through it the first day I had it, it was a big day and the work I was doing was carrying 65-80 lb bundles of shingles around rooves and it was a 12 hour day. I went in for a test after work and got a positive result after they scraped my brains.

Went home, slept for a week. I was very tired with a dry sore throat, sensitivity to light and sound...I mean, I'm a gamer and I didn't even want to play games or watch anything. My wife got it pretty quick afterward but didn't have terrible symptoms. Of course the kids are kids so each of them had a sore throat for a morning and nothing else. We were worried because my wife was pregnant with our 4th at the time but the kiddo's totally fine.

It was crappy but my employer was hugely generous and paid me for two weeks while they made me stay home. I judged It somewhere just worse than strep and not as bad as mono or migraines. It was great that we all got it at the same time, it helped put the thing into focus and was humbling.

We moved from Oregon to South Dakota in the middle of last year and my wife's family and their families came out to do Christmas with us where we all apparently got it. Regular cold symptoms with stomach cramps and puking. Everybody puked, it was weird and not specifically indicative of the unnamed virus of unspecified origin but my mother in law and wife both took tests and they came back positive.

It only lasted a few days and it didn't knock anyone out except my mother in law who slept for a week. Thank God we all got such a mild variant, it certainly would have been more worrisome if my in laws had gotten Alpha. As it was, it forced us to take it easy and stay inside with each other for a bit longer so we got to have the best Christmas ever.

Last edited:
I might have had it a couple times, first was in March 2020 and the second was last summer, I didn't see a doctor either time, so I can't say for sure. Odds are good I've come in contact with it at least once though, since my area never did any lockdowns or the like.

Forgot to mention, I didn't take any of the shots

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom