• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Gotten a Friend to Play Zelda?

Mute

一員
The only time I ever got one to play one of the games was when they already liked the series anyway. Everyone else either wasn't interested or didn't like it. Of course, this topic has already mentioned how most people were about it anyway.

But now I usually just don't bother bringing it up until someone else does, then I'll try to get them to play.

D

Darkpelt262

Yes I got her to play TP...The olny problme is the fact she won't Fight Shadow beasts,Bosses,any 'monster' in genaral...so I have to -.-

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Yes, my cousin. He isa HUGE Star Wars fan and he didn't really want to play Zelda. I let him borrow TP and he beat it in about a week. He's seriously hooked to the series now. I'm letting him borrow WW now, and he says he's going to get SS when it comes out.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My next door neighbour had never played a Zelda game beyond last year. It was until I showed him Phantom Hourglass that his interest sparked.

He suddenly dropped all of the games he planned to play and begged to borrow PH from me after I finished it. I said I wanted to play it a bit before I lent it to him, so I gave him a lend of Twilight Princess instead.

Since he was new to the Zelda formula, it took him a while to get used to the gameplay...etc, but once he did, he never stopped playing.

After he finished TP and eventually PH, he ran out to look for previous games. His interest hasnt ceased and he is still playing old games to this day, all thanks to me and my copy of Phantom Hourglass.

B

BlackDragon88

Yes I have. I made my friends (and kids I babysit) obssed with Zelda all b/c of TP and that only an ok game!!! But they always want 2 play it.... >.<

Beeker

Wild Card
Luckily a few of my friends are Nintendo fans(and Zelda fans as well), so I didn't really have to get a friend to start playing Zelda.
In my case, it's usually they are either a Ninty nerd like me, play FPS's on other systems like the 360/Ps3, or just don't play video games altogether.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Yep, I actually started a whole web of my friends telling each other about Zelda. Now they're all hooked onto it.

I got into Zelda by seeing a poster of WW and trying it out. If only I new how addicting it would be...

ahhh what is with it and us zelda fans always wanting to inspire other ppl by magic and adventure lol.anyway i figured out last year that one of my friends play zelda after my sis was makin fun of me bout it hes played almost every zelda game. also my girlfriend wants to try it now XD. we were txtin one day and after 3 txts that were at least 5 paragraphs long each i told here everything that was unique and wyh te series was made and a little bit about the timeline and some of the exploration and magic. i didnt tell her who zelda was or the character or anything about hyrule ganondorf the decendants and well alot a stuff so after 20 minutes of heer reading it she finally just said ok i think ill try it lol.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
I'm actually trying to get my cousin to like Zelda. So far it's working out good ever since I told him about SS, and how it's gonna use the Wii Motion Plus.

I'm actually trying to get my cousin to like Zelda. So far it's working out good ever since I told him about SS, and how it's gonna use the Wii Motion Plus.

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I haven't but I think one of my friends is the one who got me into it. It's hard to say because one told me to play OoT 'cause it was so amazing, so I did and I hated it. Then a while later another friend got me playing it and I enjoyed it from then on.
But I haven't gotten anyone to play it. Most of my friends don't play video games. Then again, I am not a hardcore gamer myself.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I have one friend who I got to play Zelda.I would sometimes talk about it when we would chat and I suggested that he should play it sometime.But no friend of mine has got me to play Zelda my brother got me to play Zelda,I would watch him when we were kids.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I did. We used to trade games and go over to play Mario and Zelda. But now, since I moved, everybody is taking about 360, it's so annoying. So currently, no.

Q

Queen Zelda

Yeah I got a close friend of mine playing LoZ. She started with Twilight Princess. Now I'm getting her into OoT and Majora's Mask. :)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I did manage to get one of my friends to play Zelda. The only downside was that, although I begged him not to, he made his first Zelda Twilight Princess. However, when he started, I had yet to play Twilight Princess, so I had no clue what he was talking about. This was quite a few months before I got majorly involved in the Zelda community, so I didn't have much a clue what he was talking about. Since he didn't play Ocarina of Time, I was left guessing he was lost when I tried to compare what he said to Ocarina of Time.

Then, I forced him to borrow my copy of Ocarina of Time after he finished Twilight Princess. By that time, I had already completed Twilight Princess, so I could make sense of everything, yet he didn't. I then made him borrow my copy of Majora's Mask after beating Ocarina of Time. So, yeah, I managed to convert someone. :P

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
My older brother got me to play it and I got my younger brother to play it. I tried to get my sister to play it as well, but she gave up after Navi woke Link up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom