• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Thought of Using a Dating Site

Have you ever used a dating website?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I can't remember

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm on Tinder and I've met up with a few people that way, but I've never used a dating site like eHarmony or Match.com. I've considered it for sure, but I've never actually used one. My friends did sign me up for Christian Mingle once as a prank though lol.

I'd say Dating sites are good. They fulfill their purpose. My dad met his gf on a dating site and they've been together more than four years now and their relationship is extremely good. They own a business and a building together, may as well be married at this point even though they don't have a certificate. That's proof to me that dating sites are really good for people.

Dan

I'm on Tinder and I've met up with a few people that way, but I've never used a dating site like eHarmony or Match.com. I've considered it for sure, but I've never actually used one. My friends did sign me up for Christian Mingle once as a prank though lol.

I'd say Dating sites are good. They fulfill their purpose. My dad met his gf on a dating site and they've been together more than four years now and their relationship is extremely good. They own a business and a building together, may as well be married at this point even though they don't have a certificate. That's proof to me that dating sites are really good for people.

I don't mean to be rude here but Tinder is primarily for getting a quick shag right? Some of my friends have it and tell me that's what Tinder was made for, when looking at the Tinder website it obviously doesn't say that but it's pretty suggestive.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't mean to be rude here but Tinder is primarily for getting a quick shag right? Some of my friends have it and tell me that's what Tinder was made for, when looking at the Tinder website it obviously doesn't say that but it's pretty suggestive.
Well it's intended as a dating app but nobody ever actually used it as such. I mostly just go on and swipe when I'm bored haha, I don't actually use it to meet people. I got a good game of Mario kart out of it once though so I guess that's a plus!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I joined one once but I didn't post any clear pics or my real name. It was actually made with a friend as a joke but we never went anywhere with it. :P I do remember we did post a very blurry pic of me and I ended up getting so many creeps messaging me... DX It was literally just the back of my head too haha

I just won't do it because I prefer to proposition people face-to-face. That way I can get a better first impression. If I'm gonna bring them home, its easier for them to trigger my "something is creepy or assholish about you" senses when I see them in person. Or better yet, my "hey we click really well lets be FWBs" senses.

Dan

I just won't do it because I prefer to proposition people face-to-face. That way I can get a better first impression. If I'm gonna bring them home, its easier for them to trigger my "something is creepy or assholish about you" senses when I see them in person. Or better yet, my "hey we click really well lets be FWBs" senses.

I mostly rely on my spider sense myself, it's a little over powered and perhaps irresponsible to use it for dating but hey ho.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
I tend to avoid social media websites like the plague. Hell, I don't even have a Facebook account anymore. The whole idea of dating websites just seems like something that's so easy to exploit to me. I've heard numerous reports of people getting scammed online from these kind of websites. They get catfished and end up sending large amounts of money to their 'partner'. Just the whole idea of a dating website turns me off from ever using one.

From my own experiences love tends to happen when you don't actively look for it. Like, I met my girlfriend on... Believe it or not: a Zelda forum! We've been together for almost 6 years now and we're still happy together. We weren't really looking for love online, but we happened to find it in a place where we least expected it. :D

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Because you are more likely to start a better realtionship that would work out better, and the chances of running into some creep would be lower.
My dad and his gf met on a dating site and they're one of the best and most compatible couples I've ever seen. And I've known tons of people who met online and are in a perfectly stable relationship.

Also, creepers are everywhere. You can meet a creeper at a cafe. Whether it's online or not, you're never gonna know they're actually a creeper until it's basically too late. There are creepers at dating sites, there are probably creepers at ZD. For the most part, dating sites are probably fine.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Yes, but then I think of lots of things. I'm not sure if I'd ever use one though. I'm not someone who can interact with people well, and meeting new people and making friends is kinda a foreign concept to me, and always has been, so I've of course never dated anyone, but that I think makes me less likely to want to use one, because I'm not even sure what I'm looking for when it comes to relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom