• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Thought of Using a Dating Site

Have you ever used a dating website?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I can't remember

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hey so I'm a little bicurious how many of you may have tried a dating website in the past. ZD doesn't count as a dating website even if it has brought about quite a few relationships.

Does anyone disagree with the principal of a dating website?

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
No i've never used them, they are good in theory and principle but in practice it can go horribly wrong as pedophiles, rapists and all sorts of scum use them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Never used one myself. Relationships are just something that happen by chance and are not to be sought out in my opinion. If you feel you NEED a relationship and simply can't remain single I think there is something you need to get sorted out in your head. A person should be comfortable with themselves first before entering into a relationship.

Dan

Never used one myself. Relationships are just something that happen by chance and are not to be sought out in my opinion. If you feel you NEED a relationship and simply can't remain single I think there is something you need to get sorted out in your head. A person should be comfortable with themselves first before entering into a relationship.

I'm on the same page. Although there's just as many people in real life trying to force a relationship when the other party isn't interested. Youch.

Reactions: Dio

Djinn

and Tonic
Dating sites to me seem more like some kind of last resort type of thing, like one just considers that they have failed in some big way and is now resorting to using the dating site instead. I'm not too sure if someone ever actually meets that special someone they were looking for when they all go there with the same attitude about it. The "I just need someone right now" mindset. And that just HAS to create problems in the end. Being with someone that only wants the relationship and not necessarily to be with you, that's got to be a weird space to be in.

As desperate as I am these days (and trust me, I am), I'm still not desperate enough for that. I couldn't imagine a date that was scheduled through a dating site not being totally awkward.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You guys are quite cynical on the topic of dating sites. I have used them before, and no, I wasn't desperate. It's a good way to meet new people when you don't have many avenues in your day to day life. You can make friends from it, too.

You guys are quite cynical on the topic of dating sites. I have used them before, and no, I wasn't desperate. It's a good way to meet new people when you don't have many avenues in your day to day life. You can make friends from it, too.

You do have a point. I still can't imagine myself feeling comfortable with using a dating site, but I can see where you're coming from when you say it's unfairly stigmatized.

Dan

Indeed he does. The meeting new people aspect is great as I feel we don't mingle enough, although there are certain websites dedicated to that particular aspect. I think it's a little sad that out of the billions of people her on Earth we're limited to only a certain small portion. It's a little unfair if you ask me as two people from different sides of the globe could gel so well with one another. In the far future the obstacle of travel will hopefully be a thing of the past when it comes to whether a relationship can work or not.

D

Deleted member 14134

I started a short lived relationship from a short lived experience on a dating site and I wouldn't say no to trying it again. Either way I find when you're not looking is usually when you happen to find someone to be with (but not always).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes I did. Most of all I did it because I was curious how things would work out. Not because of being desperate for love. To have access to all features you have to be a premium member on many sites and what do you get? A ****ING SETUP LIKE FACEBOOK OR MYSPACE (when myspace still existed). Hello...I don't need to be a premium member to view full profiles or to private message or chat with someone. Most of the sites are spam anyway. I know there are people who met each other through a dating site and it worked out for them. But I also know there are couples who met on facebook. Or heck even at a gaming site like Zelda Dungeon we have people who met and hooked up.

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom