• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you ever restarted a game immediately after finishing it?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Sometimes, games are SO good that after you've played it, immediately after, you just wanna jump back in for a second playthrough. Am I the only one who have felt this way sometimes? Or would you rather just digest the experience and play something else afterwards?

Or are you afraid of 'playing a game to death'?

(I'm mostly referring to single player adventure games here)

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I usually do it with Pokemon after safely getting my main team off the cart, so I can try out the game with the other starters. With the Switch having multiple profiles I don't have to fully delete it anymore. :D

MW7

I think I have multiple times. The most recent one that sticks out to me is Super Metroid. I didn't play it until I got a Super NES Classic so it's still really new for me. I think I played through it 5 times in a month to speedrun to get the best ending as well as to collect 100%. I haven't yet done both in a single run yet, but I was close the last time I tried (I think I did 100% in 3:25 and you need under 3:00 for the best ending).

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
not really now that I think about it, and something like star fox snes/64 probably wouldn't count since it's the type of game where you're meant to replay it over and over
nah nothing's coming to mind, not in the past few years at least

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Never immediately. I usually wait a couple of years, no matter how much I enjoy it, so that the next time I play it, it feels more fresh. Same with books. When I re-read them a couple of years later I notice things I didn't notice the first time, or that I had forgotten about.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
No. I feel like that kinda takes some of the enjoyment out of the game. I’d much rather continue playing on my old save file until I 100% it, and when that’s done I will generally not play it again for a while, at the very least a year or so.

the one exception is Mario Galaxy, and that’s just because I wanna get the 121st star which requires replaying the game as Luigi.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Many times, but only if it replaying it doesn't feel like a huge undertaking that I would rather put off for another time. For example, Resident Evil games can be a decent length on your first playthrough, but it's not quite long enough that you're ready to put it down. But they're also much shorter and easier on a subsequent playthrough that it's not gonna feel overwhelming to restart a few times. I've also done this with the Batman: Arkham games despite being much larger experiences, because the flow of New Game Plus is so much better without stuff like upgrades and Riddler trophies to worry about.

But when it comes to massive games like Zelda or Mario that already take a lot of time to 100%, I like to wait a while before jumping back into them, with the exception of Mario Galaxy that requires 2 back to back playthroughs for 100% completion. Otherwise, I mostly just restart games right away if they're linear and simple enough to get through again for specific achievements or bonuses.

Quin

Disaster Master
Yeah, dark souls, dragons dogma, a lot of games with new games plus mostly, but I did it for a lot of zelda games too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom