• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Paid It Forward?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't mean necessarily the exact way it's done in the movie (where someone does something nice for you and asks you to pay it forward), but have you ever done something good for someone else that later on reminded you of something good that was done for you?

Today, one of my roommates came back from fetching the mail and he mentioned that there was a girl crying in the stairwell. I went outside to check and indeed there was a teenage girl sitting there clearly having a hard time about something, so I sat down and just talked to her (I had never seen her before, I only moved to the building a couple of months ago). Eventually I got her to open up and we talked for a while and eventually she stopped crying, by the end she even smiled a bit. That alone made me feel all kinds of good, but later on that day I started thinking back to when I had been her age.

Without going into too many details (considering this is General Discussions and not the MD) I was viciously bullied from early school age and way into my teens - and I had plenty of bad days myself. One in particular that I remember, I had even ended up crying on my way home from school - and I ended up encountering my (ten year older) cousin. Upon seeing how distraught I was, she had invited me in, gotten me to talk and generally cheered me up. Seeing the smile on that girl in the stairwell today made me realize that I had just paid it forward. And I hope that maybe she ten or so years ahead in time may do the same.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh? I remember helping my teacher out with handling the kids because they give her a really hard time. As I did that, I remmeber a couple years ago when she did the exact same thing for me: she calmed the children down so I could focus. I feel I have a really strong connection to her, not a DEEP one but a strong one nonetheless. :)

I've always been involved with assisting students with disabilities at my own school. A handicap should never hold someone back from success in life. Tutoring is a way for me to put good use to my analytic skills as well as improve social communication, an area I've always lacked in. Due to my helping hand, I've always been perceived in an unflinchingly positive light by the special education children. Being different isn't necessarily a bad thing; putting a smile on those children's faces always brings a glow to my heart.

When I was in elementary school I struggled with the English language and budgeting my time in general. Around the third grade I was very close to flunking out of school. My family always believed in me, however, and I quickly acquired a grasp for my native language and after that all the pieces came together. Considering where I am now it's difficult to visualize my bleak situation from nearly a decade ago. I pay it forward on a regular basis by presenting those in need with the same opportunity I was presented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom