• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Nearly Died?

I've never had anything crazy happen to me like some of the stories I've been reading. The closest thing I can think of is my first and only high-diving experience...

First let state that I am deathly afraid of heights. So, me being a rebellious and badass child -- trying to impress my friends -- I volunteer to be the first one in my group to jump off the high-dive. By the time I actually climbed up to the top I had already saturated my new Pokemon swimtrunks our of shear terror; so to not face shame by my friends I had to jump off or else they would know where the wet spots on my trunks came from. So, like a BOSS, I decided to show off a little more and jump off doing a strait-up, geometrically flat, belly flop alllllllllll the way down... When I hit the water my whole body whent numb and I couldn't move. The lifeguard immediately saw it and jumped in to rescue me. In retrospect that lifeguard was pretty hot if I remember correctly, but I was like eight so I didn't care.

Anywho, that is the closest I've ever come. And if I had the chance to go back and change it; I wouldn't. That belly flop was the belly flop of champions.

I nearly died once. I was at my friends house. She was angry because I had a couple of her sweets. She pushed me through a window and I had to go to hospital.

Dan

I nearly died once. I was at my friends house. She was angry because I had a couple of her sweets. She pushed me through a window and I had to go to hospital.

Okay can I just say a lot of people need to reconsider who their friends are o_O

blue-eyes

Phoenix
No, but my friend almost did. We were laying in the street and running when a car came, and my friend Dominic was laying there, and as soon as the driver saw him, the driver sped up and he almost got ran over.

Z

zeldake

I almost got run over by a mob of crazy college kids when i was 5. all over a pack of oreos

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I almost died by drowning. My friend tried to drown me, then my other friend saved me. Not much about this one.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
This happened when I went to Oahu a couple years ago. It was on the beach of Waikiki.

Earlier we (my mother, father, and brother) had gone to a flea market. There we planned to enhance our fun at the beach with a boogey board. They were good enough to float on, but not excalty a real boogey board. I didn't know its limits either. We took it out at the beach and had some fun on it near the sand and where the surf was low. The next day I decided to go out farther, hoping that a larger wave would help the exciment rise. Some others boys had gone out farther than me and so I thought I could too. But when I got out there, I found that they had gone back closer to the shore. I was almost at the length of the concrete wall extended out where people could walk on. I decided to head back in still tied to the boogey board. But I couldn't. I couldn't force enough energy to get passed the pulling of the waves. I just floated on top hoping not to get pulled out farther. There were other adults around, but I was way too shy to ask them anything. I kept trying until a real boogey-boarder came along and said "You don't have flippers! Hold on here for a sec." He moved over to a guy and said, "There's this kid with a mickey mouse board and no flippers. I need to use your board so I can get him back." The man replied no and so my rescuer came over and told me he was going to push me on a tide back to shore. Waves were swalling me into them and pushing under. I thought that it would have been too late for me if he hadn't come. So the perfect wave was right and he Wooshed! me back to shore with the wave under me. That scarred me a little and I didn't enter the water the next day. It was fear and ambarressment mixed.

I had renal cell cancer in my right kidney. That type of cancer has no treatment or prevention, but I was lucky enough to catch it early before it spread. So I had my right kidney removed. Luckily you only need one of those. :D

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
It was a dark and stormy night. My family was driving through Saint louis and we heard tornado sirens and it turned out the interstate right near us the tornado was on. It was the scariest 20 minutes of my life.

I'm noticing that with most of the stories involving car accidents, the driver speeds up as if to purposely commit homicide. I almost died 2 times. The first time happened when I was about 5 or 6. I was playing with a lighter and accidentally caught my room on fire. weird part is, I put out the fire with a SHIRT! The part clearest in my mind is sitting there after I put out the fire, looking back to see a tiny flame, then placed the shirt on the flame. The second time happened a few months ago when I had an asthma attack so bad the doctors almost put a tube down my throat. Then I had a breathing treatment and started crying out of fear and pain. The next day I learned I was not taking my medications correctly. :facepalm:

well a few times... Once from a island inflatable thing we had for a pool (like a innertube but no middle to go up into) while I was swimming under water it had floated over me and I had to come up for air but it had a suction to the water so I couldn't get up for air. Took about a minute before I finally was able to push it away.

when I was 3, I had stayed at my grandmothers home, she said that night I had started sounding like I couldn't breathe or something but she awaited till morning (idk why) and when she woke up I was blue all over. She rushed me to the hospital and that's when they diagnosed me with asthma. They said I had had a asthma attack and that I was lucky to have survived throughout the night like that.

The other times were due to some severe asthma attacks. Feeling like your lungs are closing and nothing you can do but hope the medicine works, is the worst feeling to have.

Last edited:

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
When I was about ten, I discovered my lethal bee/wasp sting allergy the hard way.

I was playing with some friends outside. We were just messing around with Pokemon figurines. I sat down in the grass and put my hand down on a yellowjacket. My vision started to go, then my hearing, then the feeling in my legs. Luckily, someone had an epipen, so I was kept alive in time for the ambulance to arrive.

Not the best way to find out about an allergy.

Last edited:
Its almost happened twice the first i was carrying milk jugs up the ramp to our house (we where putting in a deck so it was a hole) and i lost balace and fell down the fire exscape hole for the basment which had no bars i landed legs up on my neck it was about 6-8 feet. the next was acually about two weeks ago we went on an absolutely crappy camping trip (story for a different day) anyway we where doing a hike and there was still allot of snow (in July i know its Canada! :P) and i was getting kinda mad at the lady we where with so i wasn't thinking and i climbing up a snow patch and i was gonna touch the base of the mountain and when i get about three feet from it i think i should move two feet to the left so i do and as i touch it i fell. as it turns out i was on a weak snow bridge over a crevice i was about chest deep in a hole and i looked at where i was before i went left and i saw a 30-40 foot drop no one in the group had ropes or anything an angel saved me that day.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Probably yes-

- When I was 5, running from my brother. We were actually playing around, then I used the stairs to go down as quickly as possible then I fell down the stairs. I cried, my knee had a few cuts and my left leg bled. My mom said my head almost bled.

- Well, this year, I practically got burnt by a motorcycle. My right leg still has that mark. That circular mark... I almost got crashed by a car, it was really hard to walk/run. That happened when I was playing with my neighbours, few months ago.

P.S- Getting huge tonsles when I was kindergarden, it was hugeee.... does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom